Miles on a full tank

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Vincentiroc, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Vincentiroc

Vincentiroc New Member

My 99 Suburban gets about 630 miles to the tank. Is that about average for these 96-99 Suburban with a 44gal tank?

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I wish I got 22 mpg. But I couldnt tell you if thats normal for a burb. (Nevermind my math skill was a failure here:fighting0072:)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  3. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

That's about average (at least from what I'm getting). I have the 44 gal as well and I average right about 15 (sometimes a bit higher) on the highway. So, If I drive from full to bone dry and all highway I'd get 660miles out of a tank. When I bought it in 2001 with quite a few less miles I averaged right at 20 on the highway so I'd get 880 out of a full tank. So, in short yes I'd say that's right on par... Greg

4. Pat10

Pat10 New Member

I also have a 1999 burb and I get about 660 out of a tank.
    Btw are you sure thats a 44 gal tank cause I still have my original window sticker and it says 42 gal tank.

5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Sorry I dont know what crack I was smoking when I put 22 mpg in my earlier post (dang public school, I cant even use a calculator right:rofl:)

6. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

the average MPG highway is about 14-15 MPG ...

7. Vincentiroc

Vincentiroc New Member

Ok! I bought my Burb in 2002 with 49,000 miles on it. Now it has 217,000 miles and still runs strong and doesn't use oil. I do all the Maintence my self. It still has the factory water pump. Replaced the fuel pump twice. Just did the front suspension( a-arms bushing, ball joints, idler arm, pitman arm, outter tie-rods, shocks, Trans, brakes and new set of tires). Also the drivers door hinge bushings. It's my HWY vehicle. The down side is the price of gas to fill it up. Here on SoCal gas is $3.65 a gallon. It's a $100 to fill it up from a half of tank.

8. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

surprised its 3.65 / gallon in California. here it is 3.29 /gal.. most times your prices are at least 50-70 cents more /gal than out here ... [oil company fuel stations]

9. Vincentiroc

Vincentiroc New Member

California makes our gas

10. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

It funny you mention it, the owners manual for my Silverado says the crew cab short box 1500 has a 26 gallon gas tank.

I have ran the fuel tank down to where the needle is below empty and I only put back in about 23.5 gallons.

The best I have gotten total miles out of a tank was about 410 miles.