1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Miles on a full tank

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Vincentiroc, Oct 28, 2013.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm on the opposite of that. My truck is supposed to have a 26-gal tank but I have ran it to E and put 27.5 gallons in it one time. I got right around 400 miles a tank when it was new but now it gets 350 at best.
  2. BQS4

BQS4 New Member

My '99 LS Sub gets about 20-21mpg. Drove it from Plano, TX to almost the AL/GA line 732 miles before I chickened out and out more gas in it.
  3. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

Nice. Still stock?
  4. BQS4

BQS4 New Member

Yes Sir, and it's right at 200K on the odo
  5. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

Good deal. You're doing something right brother.
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Canadians.

A recent study found the average Canadian walks about 900 miles a year.

An other study found Canadians drink, on average, 22 gallons of beer per year.

That means, on average, Canadians get about 41 miles to the gallon.
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

One of the best posts I've seen in a while :lol:
  8. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Haha [MENTION=54249]RayVoy[/MENTION].

Anyway, I wish my truck could average over 350 a tank but this stop and go traffic :grrrrrr: really sucks here in va beach. Alot of times I will average 14-15 mpg with a 5.3 again insert :grrrrrr:. I've filled up from empty and put 21 gallons in, above empty and put 23. Must be the fumes and vapor lock in the tank. Need to replace a pi$$ed off oxygen sensor so my CEL light will go off.
  9. BQS4

BQS4 New Member

I had to replace all 4 of my 02 sensors on my '99 Sub, found them on www.amazon.com for just under $120 for all 4 and replacing them was easy. Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread....
  10. DrumBound

DrumBound Member

Get 20-22 mpg in my 89 Burb. If I'm hauling my small trailer (less than 5k) then I'll get ~17-18 mpg. Around town, a measley 13-14 mpg, if I'm lucky. The longest I've gone between fillups was 800 miles, while looking for an open gas station the last 50 miles on the highway. In town usually fill up at about 400. Having a 37 gallon tank is nice.