Military Roll Call ~ Active Duty or Veteran : Sound Off

Discussion in 'Military & Vets' started by BigWallyz, Dec 13, 2008.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Thanks [MENTION=20216]MoBillyAla[/MENTION] I will look into it. Plan on doing it all. Got less than 60 now

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

riley take what MoBilly said and put it to use. Not using the things in place to help out while I was in is something I look back on and wish I would've done. The GI Bill was nice but I could have gotten out with a degree already paid for instead of trying to work and go to school. You only get out what you put in!! Good luck and let us know when you graduate!!

3. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

the GI Bill is awesome, i still work while going to school though just because its more money in my pocket, when you look back on boot youll laugh and realize just how easy it is, personally i like the post 9/11 (chapter 33) than the pre(i think its chapter 31) good luck with boot though!!

4. rileyjr16

Thanks for the advice. K has a countdown on her phone and right now I think its at like 37 days left I think

5. sgtsjj

getting closer, getting nervous yet? what is the MOS you are going into?

6. rileyjr16

Nerovus no. Anxious yes. As of now I'm undesignated in the Aviation field so I'll be chipping paint for the first month lol. Wanted Seabee or Corpsman but those 2 were shipping me out in 2013 and I didn't wanna wait that long.

7. sgtsjj

ahhh ok i have a buddy thats a seabee...he loves it(though i do give him crap all the time i was army infantry) i dont know how the navy works with this but in the army after your first contract was up if you wanted to reenlist you could try to reenlist into a different MOS so if you dont like what you end up doing you can change it if you want to

8. rileyjr16

I think thats how the Navy rolls. You can always request a move...REDQUEST lol. Seabee would have been cool. I like messing around with heavy equipment and building stuff. But I also like planes so getting to work/fly on one is pretty good too I guess

9. sgtsjj

i had to fight to get infantry, they told me it was full but i could do this job or that job, i got up and started walking out...i got it real quick lol

10. CountryXJer

CountryXJer New Member

"New" vet on the forum, But THANK YOU to ALL who have and are serving! STGC(SW) USNret 1994.
    Any Oath Keepers on here? PM me!