1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Military Roll Call ~ Active Duty or Veteran : Sound Off

Discussion in 'Military & Vets' started by BigWallyz, Dec 13, 2008.

1. black98noma

black98noma New Member

What was your rate and platform?
  2. devil_doc7721

devil_doc7721 New Member

US NAVY CORPSMAN 8404. Been in since 2009 was stationed in Campe Lejune NC with the Marines in 3/2 and did one deployment in 2011 to afghanistan. Just recently got staitioned in Pensacola FL at the hospital. Thanks to all my brothers in arms out there and all the ones who didnt make it back.
  3. JohnTSSG

JohnTSSG New Member

1984 -1987 Active Army 5th Infantry Division Fort Polk, La.
    1987-2013 ANG/USAR W/2 Deployment to Operation Iraqi Freedom
    Did a total of 28yrs. 9 months and 12 days. Retired 07 Feb 2013
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Received my Official Retirement letter from In-Active Ready Reserves yesterday.
    I retired from U.S. Navy active duty in 2004 with 22yrs, then completed involuntary active duty recalls for deployment for 10 month periods in 2005, 2006, and 2008, now I finally received my letter of release from In-Active Ready Reserves after completion of 30 qualifying years.
    That means whatever happens from here on out I cant ever be involuntarily recalled to Active Duty again, If I can just make to the 1st of March without a recall.
  5. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

tbplus, congrats on your retirement. I still have a long way to go on that. I'm still in and am in a Cavalry unit now (earned my spurs as well). I'll probably have to reclass at some point for a better career path (Supply kind of tops out at E6 in the Reserves unless you go AGR) but at the same time I don't really want to end up in a support unit. I've been around Combat Arms my entire career and I already know a support unit would drive me nuts with my combat arms mentality.
  6. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member 1000 Posts

Congrats on the retirement, I have this final year of inactive I'm looking forward to it being done, even though if I got re-activated where ever I was sent would have a lot of enemy deaths because I'd be one mad s.o.b. right now I'm praying North Korea is just all talk I don't feel like running around the Koreas for anything
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

im on the downhill slope of my active term, out next january. dont like the idea of a all expense paid trip to korea either.
    [MENTION=14295]tbplus10[/MENTION], grats on the retirement!!!

Alex
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Thanks guys, it's after the 1st of March so I'm in the clear, but if the call ever went out I'd still jump in with both feet to help out those on active duty.
    Everyone still out there stay safe!!
  9. Gold Z

Gold Z New Member

Enlisted USMC 1967, Boot camp in San Diego, OCS at Quantico,VA. Commissioned OCT, 1968. Platoon leader in Viet Nam 1969-1970.
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Keep this thread going