Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Minor Problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Conlan Rose, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Ok, so driving to work today my truck started right up after about a week of sitting, all good. Began driving was happy because the truck wasn't making any bad squeaks or noises until I began going up a hill, and all hell broke lose in terms on noise you could prob hear it squeaking from a mile away. Then took a turn and it sounded even worse during. Second turn even worse. but by the next turn it began to quiet down and by the time I was out of the neighborhood and at speed under the hood was quiet as if the truck was new. Got on highway and drove no problems off highway almost at work no problem except for some tire squealing on a tight turn for fun the parked and tried to see if I could get it to make noise by going stop to stop but nope working perfect.

Also ABS warning light is on what might be deal with that? Tried to hard break to make it engage got notta.

2. Conlan Rose

Yah was just as bad when I went out for lunch but was gone within 2 mins of driving also squeaked when I parked at work. Is it the power steering or something else?

3. Conlan Rose

This IS kinda sad over 130 people have looked at the post but no one have responded. Feeling unloved </3 :tongue: :lol:

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Is the squealing coming from the belt? Bad tensioner pully or idler pully? ABS light, is the squeaking from the front tire? Bad wheel hub that destroyed the wheel speed sensor? Need more info. Where is the noise originating from?

5. Conlan Rose

Noise sounds like it is from the belt not the wheel. From what I can tell the ABS is an unrelated issue the light just randomly came on one day. Pulley problem sounds more possible had to remove the idler when I changed the alternator.

6. Pikey

I would pull the belt off and start spinning pullys under the hood listening for your noise. If it is "crunchy" then chances are you have found your problem. I have seen people over tighten the pully bolt and mess up the bearings.

7. Conlan Rose

Will do when I get home this weekend. Makes sense that I could've over tightened it. But just wondering why does it go away after 2 or 3 mins of driving?

8. Pikey

it could just be dirt in the bearing, after it warms up then it stops making noise

9. Conlan Rose

Thank man I'll check once I'm back from Maine for the weekend.

10. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

The power steering pulley was junk on my 96 suburban, and it caused the abs light to come on. My truck wasn't making a squeaking, but it was tough to turn from a stop, and tough to apply the brake because of the integrated hydroboost... and I guess that's why the ABS would come on... Do you know if your truck has the hydroboost?