1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mirror Lighting Thoughts

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by MTM, Feb 26, 2012.

1. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Okay guys need every ones thoughts. I found this pic on the internet and I like the mirror lights and thinking about doing the same. I want to do it the same way but I want mine to be amber. The are 1'' spot lights and the stick out 1/8'' from the surface mounted.

So give me your true thoughts just want to know some thoughts. Give me your full honesty

(Sorry the picture is blurry)
    IMG952959.jpg
  2. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I think they would look good, never seen that done to a chevy/gmc. Def unique, go for it.
  3. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I think they would look good as ambers.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think they should match your DRL colour ... and should only be amber if you're going to wire them into your running lights/turn signals (in order to comply with law). I tend not to like amber on vehicles, so take that with a grain of salt...

Surreal
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

6. MTM

They will be wired into the parking lights and to the turn signals. They will also have a light tint of VHT over them so they do not catch your eye so much when they are off and they will blend with the mirror a little better
  7. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice I just used VHT on my mirrors turn signals
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sounds like a plan, then. :)
  9. MTM

Just something different and a nice cheap way to make my truck stand out that much more
  10. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I think that would look cool. If you're mirrors are already sticking out that far why not add some LEDs. I would do it like the guy in the pic though, some nice big indiv. LEDs rather than a line of small ones. Your pref. though...good idea.