Mirror replacement question

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by kidder, Nov 11, 2010.

1. kidder

kidder New Member

Hey everyone,
    I am looking at replacing my stock mirrors with towing mirrors.
    My current ones are power but not heated. Will the plug match up if I get power heated towing replacements?
    Thanks!

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I dont think it would work. You would have to have a button in the cab to control the heat function even if they were plug n play. I have power and heated and looking to upgrade to tow mirrors and wanting to know if the LED turn signal would plug n play and cant get a solid answer. Regardless of the heat function they would be a great upgrade kidder!

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

x2.....On what ajarman has mentioned.....for heated mirror's to be a plug-n-play.....you need the Rear Window Defogger on the HVAC control's.

4. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

i'm gooing to try it out on my 2008, waiting for them to come back in stock .. i'll let you know if they are plug and play .. as much as I can find out it should be plug and play .. wait and see and hope for the best

5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Turn signals worked!! I know...I know...I still owe pictures. This weekend and my procrastination on posting pics will be over, as expect them to be here on Sat.

6. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I didnt know you didnt have turn signals before the tow mirrors. That is GREAT news that the wire is there for turn signals!!!

Procrastination....:no:

1 person likes this.
  7. randomsandwhich

what tow mirrors did you end up going with? .,. maybe the ones you bought are in stock.

8. mfleetwood

9. randomsandwhich

Thanks will order early next week ! :yipi: How hard was the install? I think I read somewhere that on the nbs you have to take the door panel off to get to the wire harness connector??

1 person likes this.
  10. mfleetwood

They were supereasy to install...once you do the first one, the second goes even faster. It took me about 45 minutes to do both. Here is a thread that explains it somewhat. There is also a thread out there that goes into more details w/pictures, but cannot find right now.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...o-I-replace-the-side-mirrors-on-my-07-3500-HD