Mirror replacement question

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by kidder, Nov 11, 2010.

1. kidder

kidder New Member

Hey everyone,
    I am looking at replacing my stock mirrors with towing mirrors.
    My current ones are power but not heated. Will the plug match up if I get power heated towing replacements?
    Thanks!
  2. ajarman

ajarman New Member

I dont think it would work. You would have to have a button in the cab to control the heat function even if they were plug n play. I have power and heated and looking to upgrade to tow mirrors and wanting to know if the LED turn signal would plug n play and cant get a solid answer. Regardless of the heat function they would be a great upgrade kidder!
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

x2.....On what ajarman has mentioned.....for heated mirror's to be a plug-n-play.....you need the Rear Window Defogger on the HVAC control's.

4. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich New Member

i'm gooing to try it out on my 2008, waiting for them to come back in stock .. i'll let you know if they are plug and play .. as much as I can find out it should be plug and play .. wait and see and hope for the best
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Turn signals worked!! I know...I know...I still owe pictures. This weekend and my procrastination on posting pics will be over, as expect them to be here on Sat.
  6. ajarman

ajarman New Member

I didnt know you didnt have turn signals before the tow mirrors. That is GREAT news that the wire is there for turn signals!!!

Procrastination....:no:
    1 person likes this.
  7. randomsandwhich

what tow mirrors did you end up going with? .,. maybe the ones you bought are in stock.
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

9. randomsandwhich

Thanks will order early next week ! :yipi: How hard was the install? I think I read somewhere that on the nbs you have to take the door panel off to get to the wire harness connector??
    1 person likes this.
  10. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

They were supereasy to install...once you do the first one, the second goes even faster. It took me about 45 minutes to do both. Here is a thread that explains it somewhat. There is also a thread out there that goes into more details w/pictures, but cannot find right now.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...o-I-replace-the-side-mirrors-on-my-07-3500-HD
  11. kidder

kidder New Member

Thanks for the replys.
    I wasn't really clear on my question. I'm not worried if the heat or turn signal works but I would still like the power adjust to work.
    Will it work if the replacement mirrors have the other options but my truck currently does not?
    I do have the rear defrost option on my truck - not sure what HVAC controls are??
  12. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Tow mirrors also come without all the options or with different options. I would imagine that if you purchased the tow mirrorws with power adjustments only, they should work since that is what you currently have. Can you provide some info on your truck? That will help the experts here (which I am definitely not one of them) better answer your question. Sorry, I wish I could be more help......
  13. jakesbluballs

jakesbluballs New Member

?

So. some of you that didn't have turn signals put these towing mirrors on and the turn signals worked just plugging them in?

I have a 2008 Silverado1500 Lt1 and was looking to get the towing mirrors with the turn signals and just hope that they work.
  14. randomsandwhich

yes, i know one person here has done it, simply plug into wire harness and be good to go. i'm getting a set this week. I purchased a brand called K Source, hopefully they are decently built !
  15. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

That is correct....at least in my case.,