Mirror Swap/Wiring ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ChevyBoy2009, Mar 6, 2012.

1. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

hey guys...i wanna do a mirror swap on my 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS...my mirrors i have are only powered,no turn signals or heated.I wanna get towing mirrors with power,turn signals and heated.Do i have to do any wiring myself or is it plug and play?...im sure this has been asked a thousand times but i wanna make sure before i spend the money!...thanks in advance guys

2. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

It should be plug and go, i know a few people that only had power mirrors and went to a tow mirror with turn signal and everything worked fine. I've also got tow mirrors and mine were plug and go.

3. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X2 sfdender

4. ChevyBoy2009

thats what i thought...i heard if you have rear defrost like i do,the heated mirrors will work and the turn signals will work and of course power will work...i just wanna make sure before i spend the money...is there more wiring i have to pull up from the door for the mirrors then?

5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

For the NNBS, they are plug and play...all the wiring is contained in the connectors; no additional wiring is needed. However, you might want to wait and see if someone responds who has a 2003 that has replaced their mirrors. I thought I read on a thread quite sometime ago that some older models are not as simple as the NNBS (I tried to find the thread but cannot locate it). If you don't get a response soon, send ntbush83 a PM and get his opinion. He has a 2003 with tow mirrors and although I think they're factory, he still may be able to provide you some advice.

6. ahmitchell1

What do you mean by power. The only thing that has power to it in these mirrors is the turn signals and heat

7. CobraAviTek

CobraAviTek Member

I think he means the power adjust, where you can adjust the mirror from the switch inside the door. He could be talking about the power fold feature tows dont have this. I don't have tows but can't you still adjust them (the angle of the top part of the glass) from the switch inside the door like you could the regular power mirrors?

8. ahmitchell1

Ah I forget that you can get them without power adjust. I was thinking the only option were signals and heat for some reason? I brought back my old power folding mirrors I'm looking into using the mounting braces with the power fold and try and put it in a tow mirror. Had a buddy with them on his 2500 some hit it good and crack it so he replaced it.if this works it'll be amazing

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  9. CobraAviTek

CobraAviTek Member

That would be pretty sweet, looking forward to hear how it comes out.

10. ChevyBoy2009

Im talking about power adjust...if i could just get power adjust id be fine with that