Mirror up grade

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by nikkeshelton, Oct 16, 2012.

1. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Hi all, my 2009 serria 1500 SL came with heated and adjustable mirrors but I see a lot of auto dimming ones with turn signals built into them. I know I would need a new door switch cluster (if I install the power fold option) but other than that does anyone know if I can just plug them into my existing wire harness! I see the mirrors with the "your to close radar" option, but I'm sure that that option takes more than my SL can handle. Any suggestions out there? Thanks in advance!:glasses:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I'm not sure what you would also need to upgrade but it sounds possible.

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

ive been looking at manual fold tow mirrors. lady at the gmc dealership told me the tow mirrors just plug right in to what i have now (manual fold electric adjust) not how that would work with what your trying to do. you could try a parts guy at the dealership.

Alex

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

@99'HEARTBEAT always seems to have good info when it comes to this kind of thing. Send him a pm

5. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Hey Guys, I have the mirrors with dimming, signal heated and folding.

One morning last winter, after an overnight snow storm, I found the driver's side mirror hanging by the wires.

I had to buy a new one. Remove the inner door panel, unclip the wiring harness, unplug the wiring harness and remove 3 nuts and the old mirror was out, new went in just as easy.

It plugged into the Driver's Door Module (colour coded plug into match colour jack). There were a number of other colour coded jacks on the DDM. I don't know if different mirrors use different jacks, or if all mirrors plug into the same jack and there are fewer wires in the plug.

I suspect, the DDM is the same for all models, probably the different mirrors will work when plugged in.

The part number for the driver's side mirror is 20843108, it was around $220 US