1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

mirror up-grade

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by papher51, Jan 29, 2014.

1. papher51

papher51 New Member

I have a 2006 1500express cargo van that I want to install the newer style split mirrors on which are only on the newer vans, 08 and up. From pictures I have seen the bolt-up pattern looks the same. Anyone know if the newer type will fit my 06? This is a pic. of my mirror the one piece.
    The 2 piece mirror is what I want to install $_57.jpg $_3.JPG
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It doesn't appear that the 2008 is a re-design from 2006. The pics above suggest that the only difference is the actual split in the mirror itself. I don't see why they wouldn't fit.
  3. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

looks like it would work. Where at in NKY are you from. I used to live in Hebron.
  4. papher51

papher51 New Member

It looks like it to me, but everyone that sells them says no. I'm going to do some more research. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in Covington.
  5. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

awesome, best of luck to you. I would see if you can find one second hand at u-pull-n-pay
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It might be an annoying proccess but you could buy some new mirrors and if they don't fit then return them and get your money back. Keep in mind, just because a website says something won't fit doesn't meant it won't. You won't know until you try it. I experienced the opposite where a website said some would fit and it didn't when I went to put it on, so, saying some doesn't fit but it does fit is certainly a possibility.