1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Mirrors? ~ 2012 Chevy Tahoe - time to upgrtade

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by cjruot, Sep 2, 2013.

1. cjruot

cjruot New Member

I have a 2012 Tahoe, and the ol' lady took the passenger side mirror off. In my eyes it's time to upgrade. Has anyone put tow mirrors on their Tahoe? Are they wired for all the options or only the options the vehicle came with? Mine is LT trim, and it only has power mirrors. I was just wondering if I could get the ones with signals in them and they'd be plug and play? orrrr is it wired for power mirrors only and no signals? Just trying to figure it out before I order parts... Thanks guys.

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Everything is there. When you remove the inner door panel, the Door Control Module is inside the arm rest. It has a number of different coloured sockets for mirror wiring plugs. Mirrors with different features will have plugs with different colours. Just match the plug colour to the socket colour and you should be good to go.

Note, you will need the matching controls on the arm rest. For example, for the folding option to work, you need the fold/unfold switch.

3. cjruot

cjruot New Member

Thanks for the info! That makes perfect sense as far as having the switch to control the function. Mainly I was curious if the wiring was there. If I get mirrors with signals in them, then they'd just be plug and play, according to what you just said. Which is perfect! Next question, how hard are the door panels to pop off? few screws? or lots of clips to break? interior isn't my forte! hahaha Under the hood is.

4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Panel comes off without a lot of fuss. The biggest problem I had was getting the manual door lock "button" off. There is 2, maybe 4, screws in the area of the arm rest and then just a bunch of push pins around the outside edge. I picked up a flat blade tool to pry them out (around $5). It's called something like a door upholstery tool. There's a couple of clips that hold the mirror wire to the door frame, they're a little tough to pop out.

Try a UTUBE search, there might be a video "how-to"

5. cjruot

cjruot New Member

good call all the youtube vid... I really appreciate all your help Ray. I'll let ya know how it goes! guess I'll order my mirrors with turn signals since they'll work! Thanks again!

6. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

your not gonna regret the tow mirrors :great:

7. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

Only thing is she took off the small mirrors, what is gonna happen when you install some larger ones? Was it a backing accident or lack of situational awareness?

8. cjruot

cjruot New Member

She claims she got ran off the road by a tractor trailer and smacked a tree branch hanging out over the guard rails. Which is very possible... I gave her the benefit of the doubt this time. I told her it's strike 2 though, and she better pay more attention. A $500 clunker will get her the same places as a $35,000 Tahoe, so the decision was hers. She even washes it without being told now! It's carried on for 3 months! Guess we'll see what happens... But I def. need to get the mirror issue addressed, for safety purposes... I've proved my point long enough...

9. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

You have to know when to Fold Them! Good luck..........

10. docghost

docghost New Member

Hello. Can you use 09 mirrors with an 08 truck?