Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Miss on 99 Suburban 5.7 Vortec 180K

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by dhpgac, Nov 26, 2011.

1. dhpgac

dhpgac New Member

Ok, I just had my intake manifold gasket replaced that was leaking. Thanks for everyones input, I had this miss that started before it was fixed, when I notice it most is when I floor it or hit the highway cruising along. It's like for a fraction of a second the engine has a miss are no power, like the spark was turned off or a jerk. Could this be the injectors ( ran injector cleaner already ), ignition, no codes come up or service engine light. The map sensors had been replaced by the other owner, but I have one of those K&N type air filters in the intake box. Any thoughts, new plugs installed 500 miles ago.
    :grrrrrr:
  2. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

hmmmm... no code yet? Have you checked the line to the intake butterfly to make sure it isn't hitting something at WOT?
  3. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

Check the fuel pressure. These trucks need to have at least 60 psi at all times or you will experience all kinds of drivability problems including hesitation and misfires.
  4. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Could be a sticking injector. Don't Worry, it will tell you if there is an issue that the ECM cannot control.
  5. longbeach

longbeach New Member

I have a 97 K2500 with the 5.7 vortec and I am having the same issue. I have had the truck about 6 months and have not had a chance to really investigate yet. If I find anything I'll post....Wayne
  6. Quikfire

Quikfire Member

Im tracing a similar issue and think that I have it nailed down to a corroded distributer cap. No mechanic here, but going through the process of elimination and it led me to pulling the distributer cap and found it unpleasant looking.

99 GMC Suburban 5.7
  7. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Good catch! That sucker will run fine until one day and boom! It will skip like heck. Got me coming back from the coast. Long drive skipping - LOL. Be careful tightening the screws! The distributor ears are plastic and break easily.
  8. dhpgac

dhpgac New Member

Still having the problem, took out the K&N type filter, back to paper and cleaned the MAF sensor with the CRC cleaner for MAF. The prior owner had changed it before. Today I finally got a error code P0171 bank one too lean, have not replaced fuel filter yet, so with this error code any ideas to narrow it down?
  9. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

Have you checked the fuel pressure? My 97 would throw a lean or misfire code every once in a while and it turned to be low fuel pressure. Swapped in a new fuel pressure regulator and it solved the problem.
  10. dhpgac

dhpgac New Member

Would it be a regulator with a bank 1 & 2 code? Could it be erg valve, bad injector, l changed fuel filter & ran GM Injector, still get the 171 & 174 codes
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011