Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

missin my dmax

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by new 6.0, Aug 30, 2010.

1. new 6.0

new 6.0 New Member

hey everyone! I just bought a 2010 2500 with the 6.0 and im pretty disappointed in the fuel mileage. I bought the truck with the notion that it would be getting around 15mpg. This coming from guys that have similiar trucks and the not so trustworthy salesman. In reality the best ive seen is 12.5 and that was on the interstate unloaded at 70mph. Its stock aside from a set of aftermarket 17 inch wheels. Im wondering if anyone has advice on how to up my mileage and or horsepower? My local performance shop says its a lost cause and that I should have went back to the duramax. But I had a hard time justifying the extra ten grand when I dont pull every day. Id really appreciate any help I can get!!

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard.
    Well how many miles do you have on it??? If it is new it will usually take at least 5K miles to break everything in and start recieving the best milage that the truck has to offer. Also depending on gear ratio that can hurt or help you. as well as we all know driving style.
    As for more power there are a ton of options and most of them are listed on the site if you search a bit that way you can see the reviews from the actual owners.

3. new 6.0

new 6.0 New Member

it has a bit over 6k on it and most of the miles are fairly conservative driving. Has anyone tried a programmer or chip of some kind?

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

as i said there are a bunch of threads about the different programmers and the reviews from those users.. Most of the them use the Diablo...

5. Sam_A

Sam_A Rockstar 100 Posts

I know that when I put a tonneau cover on my Z71 it boosted my highway mpgs by 2mpgs.

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC! I'm not certain what gears the truck comes with, but I bet the smaller the motor the "lower" the gearing.

7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome!!!

9. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!

10. knickick

knickick New Member

On my mine I have 6k miles. How about yours? :D