Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Missing my truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by moogvo, Jul 23, 2012.

1. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

my truck looks all sad in the front yard waiting on me to get around to putting a new fuel pump and cat on. I haven't driven it in 2 weeks and can't wait until it's done!

Just thought I would share.
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

poor guy. i was out of town for 3 days last week, drove it friday, then the wife had it saturday and sunday. i missed mine as well.

Alex
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well it misses you too.. Give it a wash and a good Wax... And I'm suure it will repay you......
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am saddened by your temporary loss...
  5. dogred

dogred Member

I have been missing mine for the past month. Job had me away from home, but I got a present for both of us. A Edelbrok Performer intake!!
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I feel you man my convert cobra is sitting n the garage, got no time to rebuild the alternator right now and we've had great top down weather father all this rain
  7. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I gave this thread a moment of silence, hope you get to her soon.
  8. SuperDutyZ5.3

SuperDutyZ5.3 New Member

Brother i feel your pain took 7months to complete mine with my schedule and every day i walked out my door there it was looking like it was striped of all life and 4gottn. But when you climb back in that seat put a good full tank of gas and drive on cause theres no better feeling.
  9. moogvo

I should be able to get to it later this week or weekend. I am hoping that it is back on the road on Sunday. I have all of the parts... in boxes on the floor in my office. I have access to the fire station to work on it. Just not sure that I have the stamina to do this job anymore. It all comes down to other people's availability!

Youth, where have you gone?
  10. moogvo

I finished the fuel pump over the weekend. Hard start condition seems to have disappeared. It still is a bit low on power. The cat is plugged up. I am hoping to address that in the next couple of weeks. Now, the air conditioning has stopped working. I found the front seal of the compressor leaking, so new compressor time which sucks because the compressor is otherwise not bad.

I also need to address why the bolts that hold the rear of the transmission to the cross member keep falling out. I have replaced them 4 times now since february. I have used loctite, lock washers and even longer bolts. They keep coming out though and I don't know why. I need to find a creative solution to that problem.

Other than that, the truck is pretty much finished. I might do a small lift and put on some larger tires before winter sets in here in the Carolinas. Maybe I will get it done and get some snow to play in this year.