Missing my truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by moogvo, Jul 23, 2012.

1. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

my truck looks all sad in the front yard waiting on me to get around to putting a new fuel pump and cat on. I haven't driven it in 2 weeks and can't wait until it's done!

Just thought I would share.

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

poor guy. i was out of town for 3 days last week, drove it friday, then the wife had it saturday and sunday. i missed mine as well.

Alex

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well it misses you too.. Give it a wash and a good Wax... And I'm suure it will repay you......

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am saddened by your temporary loss...

5. dogred

dogred Member

I have been missing mine for the past month. Job had me away from home, but I got a present for both of us. A Edelbrok Performer intake!!

6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I feel you man my convert cobra is sitting n the garage, got no time to rebuild the alternator right now and we've had great top down weather father all this rain

7. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I gave this thread a moment of silence, hope you get to her soon.

8. SuperDutyZ5.3

SuperDutyZ5.3 New Member

Brother i feel your pain took 7months to complete mine with my schedule and every day i walked out my door there it was looking like it was striped of all life and 4gottn. But when you climb back in that seat put a good full tank of gas and drive on cause theres no better feeling.

9. moogvo

I should be able to get to it later this week or weekend. I am hoping that it is back on the road on Sunday. I have all of the parts... in boxes on the floor in my office. I have access to the fire station to work on it. Just not sure that I have the stamina to do this job anymore. It all comes down to other people's availability!

Youth, where have you gone?

10. moogvo

I finished the fuel pump over the weekend. Hard start condition seems to have disappeared. It still is a bit low on power. The cat is plugged up. I am hoping to address that in the next couple of weeks. Now, the air conditioning has stopped working. I found the front seal of the compressor leaking, so new compressor time which sucks because the compressor is otherwise not bad.

I also need to address why the bolts that hold the rear of the transmission to the cross member keep falling out. I have replaced them 4 times now since february. I have used loctite, lock washers and even longer bolts. They keep coming out though and I don't know why. I need to find a creative solution to that problem.

Other than that, the truck is pretty much finished. I might do a small lift and put on some larger tires before winter sets in here in the Carolinas. Maybe I will get it done and get some snow to play in this year.