1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Missing persons: Coach24

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Caddiac, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Greens party is trying to turn the autobahn in to a us interstate.

2. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

this is true. 165 mph down an interstate is really stupid. But late night we thought it would be okay and it was, but there was still a huge risk. But the adrenaline was really pumping I'll tell ya that

3. Caddiac

I ran 110 on I26 to charleston one Sunday morning. No traffic, most impotently no schp

4. ChromeSilver02

Well if you go up and down the interstate enough you kind of learn where they like to lurk even though in the back of my mind I was scared every time I saw a pair of headlights

5. Caddiac

X2. Though it was broad daylight, I knew this stretch was rarely patrolled.

6. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

when i had my supra i did a bunch of dumb highway runs i still cant beileve i never got picked up by a state trooper

7. Caddiac

For a long time the highways in SC were not heavily patrolled and you could run 85 in a 70 with no fears. That seems to have changed when the economy tanked. Of course, I cannot afford the gas to move a Suburban at 85 mph either!

8. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

lol ya the state needs revenue you know, part of me is happy that i blew my supra as fast as i did, other wise i either may not be today, or just have a crap ton of fines

9. ChromeSilver02

Yeah whenever I travel into SC there seems to be few state troopers always around. But I don't like it when you actually can see the Silverado gas needle go down due it hitting 90 haha... But driving a buddies Camaro doing 165, I don't feel as bad

10. Caddiac

Depends on where you are in SC. The stretch between Orangeburg and Charleston use to be safe cruising. I-85 is a gamble - always. I-26 between the Upstate and Columbia is usually clear until you get to Newbery where there they troupers have a section headquarters. Going into Columbia was clear until recently. Probably has to do with the increase in smartphone usage. Kinda funny the effect smart phones have on a dumb ass. I-26 into Charleston will get you burned if you do 75 mph into the stretch where there is construction and the speed limit falls to 55 mph. Saw a guy in a hummer stomp on the gas and whip around the car in front of him at the same time a highway patrol man got on the interstate. The ticket must have been of biblical proportions.

So what kinda mileage does a Camaro get at 165 MPH? LOL