1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Missing the stick!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by drillbit26, Mar 21, 2010.

1. drillbit26

drillbit26 New Member

Is anyone else wishing that chevrolet would start making the silverado ext cab with a manual transmission again, or is it just me. Where I come from trucks are suppose to have manual transmission.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Get used to not seeing what are termed "utillitarian" trucks.
    Trucks have become mainstream and are the family vehicle of choice in many areas of the country. With the growing popularity manufacturers are steadily getting rid of the impression that trucks are work vehicles only and making them rival high end cars, what used to be options on trucks, i.e. cloth interior, cruise control, power windows, seats, and locks, are now standard on many models.
    Try looking for a new truck that has manual windows, it's not real easy to find.
    With the growing list of standard items manufacturers have bumped the price of trucks also, they justify the price bump with all the standard items we really dont want.
  3. derekj

derekj New Member

That was the rule, but with technology as it is today, the autos are way superior. I don't miss my manuals especially in traffic.
  4. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts

I miss my manual like crazy. Yeah it sucks in traffic, but worth it in my book.
  5. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 New Member

Aint nuttin like jammin some gears in the mud or trails, But in the concrete jungle I do like my auto dog..matic...
  6. derekj

derekj New Member

With the programmers out there now that allow for shifting times and pressure, hell you really can't beat it anymore.
  7. drillbit26

drillbit26 New Member

This is going to make me sound like a 16 year old back woods red neck I know but you just cant drive/show off with an automatic. Also on a more serious note I like being in control of when it shifts.
  8. derekj

derekj New Member

I hear you. I've always owned stick up until my first auto in 2007 which was a cummins dually. That changed everything. Now with this truck and the diablo, I still control my shifts. I have only been driving for 40 years.
  9. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 New Member 1000 Posts

I'm spoiled by my 6 speed in the mountains but I do miss the downshifts. Hittin a + or - sign just ain't the same as clutching down on a steep grade.

:glasses:
  10. pmartin816

pmartin816 New Member 1000 Posts

I really miss the manuel trannys. I've toyed with the idea of converting the suburban over to a manuel, but that would be later on down the road.