1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Missing

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jyocum39, Jul 21, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. jyocum39

jyocum39 New Member

Would a bad intake gasket cause an intermittent miss? The truck misses every once in a while.

2. Skippy

Skippy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Certainly could, but it's unlikely at higher RPM. You'll most likely see the problem (if your intake gasket is resulting in an air leak) at idle. It'll be rough and hesitate. If you're missing periodically, the first thing I'd check is the spark plugs. If you're leaking oil or antifreeze into the cylinder, you may also be fouling the plugs, which would also result in a misfire. Again, check the plugs.

-Skippy.

3. jyocum39

jyocum39 New Member

Thanks man i will check the plugs. I am going to go ahead and change the gasket cause i read there prone to failure.

4. Skippy

Skippy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

New parts definitely are less prone than old stuff. *Grin*