1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Mobile website

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Who wants to help test a mobile application? I've got a basic skin that is supposed to be auto-selected right now when you log into the /forum pages of the site, but it doesn't work on my Samsung Caliber, so anyone with an iPhone want to try?

2. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Sure, I have an iPhone.

3. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

It also sounds like you need an upgrade ;)

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have Motorola Droid (full brower but can look at the mobile one) and I have an Ipod on a wifi network. You can pm if you'd like.

Giving a go right now..

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I just flipped the switch on the mobile detector and bare-bones style. Take a look and report back how it looks, functions, etc. Thanks.

6. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

There is no navigation from the screen it is on. I can't get back to the home page. Not sure if there is supposed to be pics or not but there are not any.

My one suggestion, please, is make it so that you can choose if you want the normal site or the mobile one. I prefer the normal sites over all of the mobile ones.

7. Springthing

Am replying from the iPod. It shows all the forms as a list. When u enlarge it its still very busy but if u know where u want to go it seems to be working ok. I will take some screenshots for u and u/l them in a few minutes.

Unfortunately the tilt feature is not working at the moment. Maybe it's the barebones aspect. Will be back with screenshots.

IPod using mercury web browser.

8. Springthing

n/m...tilt works now!

9. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

I found my way back to the home page. Very small and was kind of tucked away.

10. ChevyFan

I didn't design the style for this, but it's about 50 times faster than the full graphics version and it allows you to see all of the text - no photos - no signature files, etc. There may be a way to make two mobile styles so that a user can choose between them.

The benefit of the really barebones style is that someone on a simple 200x200 phone can get on it. I can get on it with tilt on my 240x400 Samsung Caliber. What are the screen sizes of the iPhone and other mobile handsets that can see this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.