Mod Path Help

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by White2wdSilverado, May 9, 2008.

Newest Photos

1. White2wdSilverado

White2wdSilverado New Member

I just bought a 2004 Silverado and this is the first truck i've had in years. I had a lifted S10, sold it, got into imports, and now i have my truck. I love it but I'm still not quite sure what i want to do with it. It's got the Vortec V6 in it and it's a 5-speed. Oh and it's unfortunately only 2wd :frown: . At first I wanted to lift it cause I love mudding, but like i said it's only 2wd and theres not much mud in orlando, the only time i would go mudding is when i went to my hometown. So now i've been leaning more and more towards dropping it. I need some Ideas of what I should do, it would be a great help. thanks.

________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hi I'm Ricky Bobby...and if you dont chew big red then f*** you!"

Past vehicles:
    1) 1991 Volvo 740 Turbo {Totaled by brother}
    2) 1991 Custom painted and lifted S10 {sold}
    3) 1999 Dodge Durango w/ 6 12's in the back {Given to car totaling brother}
    4) 1996 Eagle Talon TSi Rally car (hehe) {Sold and missed}
    5) 2004 Chevy Silverado
  2. black jack

black jack New Member 100 Posts

ive seen alot of 2wd moderatly lifted and they did look good. a coworker of mine had a silverado lifted and it looked pretty sweet. me im not to fond of dropping a truck but thats every bodys own pref. just show pics of which ever you do when you get done.
  3. Robinson76

Robinson76 New Member

I just sold my lifted Sierra 2wd and now I am lifting my new 4x4
    I loved having a lift, and either way it is sick

IMO: don't lower it because I think it's so annoying always scrapping and damaging you engine parts hanging down. You should keep it stock height and put black rims on it. White with black wheels look sick.

Keep it stock and through some sick ass black wheels with some new tires, and you'll be a happy man :great:
  4. Robinson76

Robinson76 New Member

And although I loved my lifted 2wd, it is kind of unless when people laugh at you for not being able to make to make it up a small dirt hell lol
  5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i would say lift it anyway even tho its 2wd it will still look great
  6. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre New Member 100 Posts

I agree put on a leveling kit to raise the front end about 2" It will look sharp with some nice wheel and tires, as far as other mods I would suuggest a CAI either K&N or Volant and maybe some e-fans and an underdrive crank pulley. Whatever you do make yourself happy!!! It is your truck afterall! Do post some before and after pics.:glasses::great:
  7. White2wdSilverado

White2wdSilverado New Member

Thanks for all the advice guys, I'm highly pleased with the level of respect on this forum compared to other forums. I am going to adapt everybody's ideas. I just ordered a 2" leveling kit, and some 16" MB wheels powder-coated black. The only thing left is the BFG A/T tires. I went mudding the other day and found out that even though my truck is only 2wd I can still make it through some thick mud and deep ruts because of the throttle control one can have with a manual. I will post some before and after pics of my truck, thanks for all your advice everybody.
  8. sheep

sheep New Member 100 Posts

my buddy that is sitting here next to me said you should drop it and twin turbo it lol although i think that would be cool it would also be very expensive, cant wait to see the pics! so far i have put my truck in 4wd twice, once when i first bought it, and once when i went though a little too deep of a mud hole with bald tires. i have been very surpised with how well these things do in the mud with 2wd, coming from a jeep club i expected alot less from the wheeling part of the truck. only problem i had was how big it is lol i forgot it was so long and rubbed the frame a little but no harm done just reminding me its there.