1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Modding body panels / Test drove 2014 GMC Crew Cab.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by PantheraUncia, Aug 17, 2013.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I have been looking at replacing my current silverado for a while and wanted to check out the 2014 models, and will say one thing, I have never seen a crew cab from GM with that much space, which is nice, and the 6.5ft medium bed, that is one nice truck. I am going to hold out for the 2500 HD's next year.

The big issue I have is they look like this:

[​IMG]

If I were to grab a 2015 2500 HD, what would be involved in making it look like this:

[​IMG]

I think this body style in a crew cab (2015 model year) 2500 HD would be more fun to drive around in....
  2. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN Rockstar 100 Posts

I agree they should have a retro based truck just like their lame muscle cars,,,,
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Theres a local gentleman that drives an 07 to 12 crew cab past my neighborhood regularly with 57 Chevy styled fins on the bsck and he has the stainless steel trim running up the whole side. Not my taste but it does atract a lot of attention.
    This truck looks like they spit the bedsides and added the fins as part of a new bed skin.
    Dont know how hard or expensive the syyle you want would be.
  4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

That is interesting, I would like to see some photo's of it. I almost want to take all the body panels off the 2014/2015 GMC or Silverado and replace them with replica panels that have been designed to fit on a 2014/2015 frame.
  5. GuyGene

GuyGene Member

Yep, style gone
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If I ever catch him I plan on taking lots of pics, Ive seen the truck drive by for the last 3 years, always heading the opposite direction and Ive never been able to catch it.
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

If you've got enough $ then I can make that happen.