1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Modifications

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by TrailLeadr, Feb 5, 2007.

Newest Gallery Photos

?

How much have you spent on Upgrades/Modifications to your current vehicle?

1. Less than $100.00

11.3%
  2. $100-$499

12.2%
  3. $500-$999

21.7%
  4. $1000-$1999

12.2%
  5. $2000.00 or more

42.6%
  1. 05ChevyKid

05ChevyKid New Member

I bought my Silverado about 2 years ago. It currently has +120K on the Engine. Im, I dont know if i should start doing modifications with a car with such high mileage. I want to but alot of people have told me that its a mad investment. I think diffrent. If some one can tell me what I should do it will give me a good start.

Thanks.

2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Minor cosmetic upgrades. Still under warranty so don't want to give the new GM a reason not to repair under warranty. Battling them now as 5.3 idles rough and they say they can not duplicate it. I said lets go start it up. When we do it idles rough and they say scanner doesn't say anything is wrong. HUh?

3. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'd be curious to see these results if you increased the numbers. $2k is pretty easy to hit. If you count my tires which went from the factory to ATs along with the wheels, that's almost 2k. If you only count the wheels, that's 800. Give me a month and I'll be well over 2k.

4. lquattro04

lquattro04 Rockstar

I've invested close to $9,000 >< Its my daily driver but I love turning heads everyhwere I go ;-)

5. InfamousKG

InfamousKG New Member

I have lucked out (so far). I work at a Chevy dealer and have a sales manager thats really cool. I'm only out about 6 bucks for all that I've got in my truck. I swapped my stockers for 20's....even, did the lower bumper swap from gray to black....swapped even, the Gibson catback was on the truck when I bought it, the bedliner was donated from the dealership, and all I've really spent money on is the paint for the bowtie and grill.

6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Only spent 150 for my level spacer and block,150 for shortie headers and 10 series muffler and 200 for my mirrors on my silverado. Did all they paint and work myself so it saved money. All my money goes into the cobras since the 65 is finally done. That trucks got a book thicker than most my textbooks full of recites and what not

7. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Me too Caddiac, but I prefer the word frugal. :lol:

8. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just getting started and of course wheels are last. Some people would say they are first, but I think it's the icying on the cake.:sign0011:

9. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Nice ride! I have been out of pocket for several months. It was easy until I see trucks like yours.....

10. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

So glad to see you back, is everything okay. I hope all is well with you and yours. Hope to see you around the site more soon. :glasses: