1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Mods for the 5.7L TBI

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by ct9a, Jul 24, 2008.

1. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Does anyone make an ECU controller that works on the OBDI models, particularly the TBI motors? I've seen only chips, but I'd like something that I can set my own fuel curves and timing tables on. Stand alone ECU's come to mind, but I haven't found anything like that. I used to use a piggy back module on my race/street car that intercepted all the sensor input and output signals, something like this would be awesome.

2. ct9a

Well, I came across Jet Performance's Six Pack chip. Basically a chip with six different settings. I couldn't find too much info on their website though. Anyone have any experience with this? If it's what I hope it is, then it's the closest thing to what I want that I've found.

3. ct9a

Anyone? Bueller?

4. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry that I can't help you, maybe there are custom made chips? but I never heard of a programmer for an OBDI :neutral:

5. ppettit2005

ppettit2005 Rockstar

yeah, I actually want one of these too. so far the only thing that I've found is the jet performance six pack chip, which looks like it just piggiebacks the info sent through the ecu/tcu. it looks pretty easy to install, but I've never done it. one other product that I'm looking at is this B&M performance switch for the 4L60E automatic transmission, but I don't know if it's designed to work with the just the B&M version of the 4L60E or if it works with the stock GM 4L60E transmission also. can someone please help us???

6. Davandy

I had one on my suburban and it works on a stock 4L60E. But the only thing it does is change you shift from stock to hard shifting

7. ppettit2005

ppettit2005 Rockstar

are you talking about the B&M switch? because those things only cost $40~ so that would be worth it.

8. Davandy

9. Slow1500

Slow1500 Rockstar

1 person likes this.
  10. ct9a