1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mods, I found my old profile.

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by murdog94, May 3, 2010.

1. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

As the title says i found my old profile that i had started way back when. I got out of the Chevy game for a little bit. I was wondering if there is any way you would want to delete the account or merge?? Im not to savy to computers but i know that space is always a premium and an old meber profile probably isnt to important.
    Anyhow.. the old name is murdog, and I joined the first time in Feb 2008... I do have the email that it is sent to just not the password... For verification if this is even worth the time...

Thanks to you all.
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

There's no need to delete. As far as merging, it's not something we would do. Steve would be the only one who would be able to do that. I'm pretty sure it would involve some rather labor intensive fiddling with the site database. (depending how many posts that name had)

So as long as you don't mind that it's out there, we have no problem with it.
  3. murdog94

Ok just making sure. It doesnt bother me i was just trying to make sure that there wasnt a problem from you all.. thanks.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

There is a database command to merge the two accounts together. We've got nearly 40,000 members on the site now so it's not a big deal to have one more, but you can get credit for all of your past posts.

What account do you want to be the main account, the old Murdog with the same account settings?
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Ok, everyone knows you as murdog94 on this site, and you've been a steady and good poster under that name, so just merged your murdog into the murdog94!

You have all of the posts added into from that old account, put you inherit the join date from Feburary 2008 instead of 3/26/2010.

How did you get 1,200 posts in less than 6 weeks? That's like a 25 post per day average, that's why you've earned the system's activity award, that's for sure. Good job!
  6. murdog94

I like to be involved and help or learn if at all possible... That is a big part of it plus my job can be quite boring on the night shift. Thanks for merging. I was just trying to help keep the inactives like my old one from becoming cluter... Thanks for the help Steve!!!