1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Moisture trap mod help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by SomeBourbon, Feb 21, 2010.

1. SomeBourbon

SomeBourbon New Member

I have a 2003, burb with the 5.3. I'm adding a second alternator to the rig, it's a large case leece neville and will be mounted next to the existing 144. A portion of the air cleaner duct work (moisture trap?) needs to be clearanced. If I removed an inch or two of this and recapped it, would it throw a code? How sensitive is the computer to the volume of air in this thing... THNX!

Somebourbon
  2. SomeBourbon

SomeBourbon New Member

Bump... still looking for some technical input. Thnx
  3. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There wasn't a sensor on mine, so I think you're good to go. Mine hasn't thrown a code and I've had it off for quite a while.
  4. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Get an intake... LoL

But you should be able to modify the stock air intake all you want. You might even improve the flow. Factory air boxes are designed more for quietness over performance...
  5. SomeBourbon

SomeBourbon New Member

Thanks for the input guys. I'll give it a try, if it throws a code I'll do the after-market intake thing...