1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

more lift

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by jerrynino, Feb 11, 2009.

1. jerrynino

jerrynino Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

i need more lift because my tires are still rubbing when at weird angles... do you guys know of a 2'' lift for the entire truck that would help? or will a 3'' body lift make my 33'' tires look small?
  2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think that the 3" lift would make your truck look deadly. Your tires are big enough to have a 6" lift on it. Well at least i think...:great:
  3. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think if you did a 3 inch body lift it might leave you wanting more tire wise. You could always get some wheel spacers, they may solve your rubbing problems. Just my .02 I'm kind of a biggest tire possible on a small lift kind of guy. :glasses:

X2 on all that
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
  4. jerrynino

anyone know of a 2'' lift going around? im debating both the spacers or the body lift
  5. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sacers on the front, block on the back (leaf)
  6. jerrynino

hey ryan correct me if im wrong but ill need shocks if i add blocks in the back right? and i already have a leveling kit on it... its actually the one that goes on the BOTTOM... could i do the on that goes on top of the strut too? that was my initial plan actually
  7. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would think that if you only did 2 inches in the rear you would not have to replace shocks .. since the leveling kit companys say you dont have to replace your shocks when you level it.. However if you found a leving kit for the top i would think the shocks need to get replaced..
  8. jerrynino

cool deal then ill look a little more into that... im hoping performance accesories comes out with a 1'' or 2'' body lift cuz i really dont wanna go 3''... i think the tires will look small and mpg will drop quite a bit, i think
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Bilstein makes a adjustable front strut for your truck, good for up to 2.5inches. I think it will work with your rough country level kit. Its on Bilsteins shocks website.
  10. jerrynino

hmm... never thought of that... ill look into the bilstein website and see whats up with that... thanks