1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

More Military Props - Cousin going to Afghanistan

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 26, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

My cousin that's 2 months younger than me is going for his second overseas deployment in the past 4 years. He's going to spend a YEAR in Afghanistan. I can't imagine what that's like. He got some good one-on-one time with his kids and wife, then was in Fort Hood for a while while they got ready to be shipped out, which will happen tomorrow.

Take care and godspeed to all the troops overseas.

Attached Files:

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Tell him and his family that there are a lot of folks that are thankful and praying for him and all the other troops over there.
  3. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Obama is not doing his job. I thought he was gonna bring them back.

Thank your cousin for his service.
  4. ChevyFan

Yeah, hs unit is heading out tomorrow and it will take quite a while to transport all of them from Fort Hood all the way to Afghanistan. He's in logistics so he'll be helping to move stuff around and keeping the supply lines open, unfortunately those are the guys getting targeted lately. :grrrrrr:
  5. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hope all is well with your cousin.
  6. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I should be leaving about the time he is coming home, wish him luck
  7. ChevyFan

8. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

im volunteering to go after im back from iraq.hopefully theyll take me.good luck to him and his family.he will be in our prayers
  9. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

10. ChevyFan

He just got back earlier this month!

He's at Fort Hood and the family and I drove down to take him out to dinner and we hung out for a few hours at a park. Unrelated to combat he hurt his shoulder and tore a muscle so he's waiting for the Army to give him the greenlight for surgery so he's stuck at Fort Hood until that happens, then they'll release him to Fort Lewis (I suppose) so he can get surgery up there.

He's not seen his kids since the fourth of July ... last year. He needs to get home, they've got a trip planned to Disneyland next week so they need to let him get out of Texas to go home.