1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

More New Features

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We worked on the site a little bit more today, and we've added a couple of new features.

Thread Image Thumbnails
    The most notable update today is the 40x40 thumbnail that you'll see next to all of the threads on the site.

• Hover on top of the image and you'll get a preview of the image/attachment/avatar.
    • It will first look for the first attached photo
    • If there is no match it will display the avatar of the last user to post.
    • If neither of these produce an image that can be displayed (images are too big, no user avatar) then it will show a blank icon.

thread-thumbnail.jpg

Like / Thank system has been added as well.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  2. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Nice! I like the thank this user being more noticeable as well as the like button. Is there more I have failed to see?

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just some behind the scenes stuff for now. There are a few more things that I'm playing with to give more features. .. But the thread thumbnails is just awesome.

4. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Yeah the thumbnails are nice. I would like to see still an indication of the threads that I have posted in like previously shown with a green arrow. But its not all that important.

5. ChevyFan

Hey [MENTION=54154]the phantom[/MENTION],
    what do you mean by that? Not sure that I follow.​

6. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Previously when I posted there was a green arrow indicating that I had posted in that thread. whenever I hit the New Posts I could immediately see what threads I had posted in.
    It just made it quick to know (since my memory is shot) that I had previously posted in a certain thread. The thumbnails now take up the spot where the green arrow indication was.

7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I know what he's talking about. Traditionally, before the avatar was put next to the thread titles in the listing, there was the generic envelope icon that had different color states to indicate if there were new posts since you last read it and there would be a little arrow in a circle near the bottom of the envelope if you had posted a reply in that thread. Now, both of these indicators are gone as a result of the avatar of the last person to post in the thread being there. For me, that's very counter-productive as I look at forum listings and NEVER look at the new posts list. In my opinion, this is a change that should be rolled back.

8. ChevyFan

Ok. I'll see what the developers of this modification can do to help. There are some options that can be played with abs it all with take some trial end error to figure out what's going to work the best long term.

9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have the colored envelopes w/the green [replied] arrows showing my subscribed threads page but not the general forum.