Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

More on oil PLEASE PASS ON!!!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by FireRed, Jun 5, 2008.

1. FireRed

FireRed Rockstar 100 Posts

Pleas pass the link below onto every environmentalist and environmental group you know of, we need to start a grass roots war to start drilling for or nations survival! We have vast reserves in this country and must exploit them. For those of you that have no Googled "Known US Oil Reserves" please do so we have more oil then the Saudis but the interest groups are hurting our nation by not allowing us to retrieve it on both land and sea!

http://www.townhall.com/Common/PrintPage.aspx?g=2a64286d-166a-410f-b211-518de08daa0f&t=c

2. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Alright, I'll just sum up my previous posts for calls for more drilling of oil. :glasses:

* Drilling for more oil is not a long or short term solution.
    * Resources should be focused on investing in cheap, renewable, enviromentally friendly power/fuel sources.
    * In other words - not giving the oil companies more money. :money:
    * Oil drilled in the US is not going to be cheaper nor will it help reduce our dependency on it.
    * Besides, since when are things in the US cheaper than they are overseas?

The one very good (and painful) thing about gas prices being where they are is that it has given the US market and manufactuers reason to create both more fuel efficient vehicles and spend a lot more money on hybrid/electric/hydrogen and other better alternatives. So why wasn't this done 10 years ago? With gas prices cheap, where was the motivation?

Clearly the false hope for drilling for more oil with the "hope" of cheap gas isn't practical nor is it productive for the US consumers in general. Those days of cheap gas are long gone... it's time to move forward, not backwards.

I'll get off my soap box now. :cool: