1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

More paint!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Jimmeh, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

Well, the weather was nice on Friday, and I had nothing better to do than to work on my rigs. So, I painted my grille again, and that's it for now. Still kinda have mixed feelings of it, but it is growing on me every time I walk past it to the house.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think! My next project is to herculine from the body line down (where the stainless steel trim is on the side) and line my rear bumper and headache rack. Gray in color, BTW. Also thinking of repainting my mirrors black to kinda match my door handles, bumper cap/valance, and window visors.
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts

I like it, although the SS grille mesh looks better in my opinion.
  3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

I agree, but I would hate to buy an SS grille only to ruin it by painting it white (unless they did make a white SS? I thought they were only offered in blue, red and black, but :confused:).
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Have you thought about painting the chrome part of the grill that the bowtie is attached to WHITE?? Just a thought. Maybe get some white tape or vynil and put on to see if you like it, if you don't just peel it off, if you like it paint it.
  5. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

I thought about it, but I think it might be a little over kill. I will try out the tape, though. I didn't even think of that! I do have some white tape hanging out somewhere in the garage.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

I use colored tape and vynil alot to see what same parts look like before I paint.
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts

I think LMC has the SS grille in the paintable plastic, just a thought. The one I have is all chrome, so I know you can get them in different colors.
  8. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Truck looks great. and this is another thought that you may like is to get a color keyed front bumper cap that will make the front look a bit more symetrical.
  9. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

I've tossed the idea of having a painted bumper since I've owned the truck, but I actually like having a little bit of black on there. Black tool box, black wheels, soon to have black mirrors again along with my door handles and vent visors, and I don't think I'm going to paint my tires white (although that isn't a bad idea! ;) lol). I'm not saying an all white truck would be horrible, I just don't personally want everything on my truck white, lol. We'll see, though.

Once again, I didn't even think of that! I just happen to have the LMC catalog sitting on the table next to my couch, lol. Gonna have to check it out!
  10. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

I was just talking about the bumper cap, Since the bottom will be black with chrome then a nice white cap to offset the grill. But as i said that is just my opinion since a work in progress alwaysgoes thru phases... It still looks great for sure!