more power or more power

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by acrespo3, Jul 13, 2006.

1. acrespo3

acrespo3 New Member

something has me puzzle about the horse power on the envoy or tb. i have read that it has 290hp and 275 wich one is it. i am trying to get more out of the engine, was going to add the air filter by k&b to see if i can get a little more zoooooooooooooom. does anyone have any ideas in how to get the most out of the engine!
  2. GMMan4ever

GMMan4ever New Member

acrespo3,
    They are both correct. before 2006 the I6 engine had 275 HP and 2006 it was increased to 291 HP. There are lot's of mods you can make to help improve performance of the engine but keep in mind that the on-board computer has the final say on whether those improvements make it to the rear wheel so in order to get the most out of any physical mods you make you will most likely have to either "Chip" the vehicle or pray that someone comes out with a register programmer for these I6 engines to allow for tweaks in it's settings.

Hope that helps!
    GMMan4ever
  3. acrespo3

acrespo3 New Member

YOU THE MAN! THANKS. I AM GOING TO START THE MOD BY GETING A NEW MUFFLER. THE FILTER DID HELP SOME I CAN FEEL A BETTER OOOOOOOOMMMM AND TAKE OFF BUT NOTING EXCITING. OH BUT IT DID HELP A LITTLE ON GAS I DO MEAN A LITTLE ABOUT 1 GAL, HEY IT HELPS NOW A DAYS. I WILL HAVE SOME PICS IN HERE SOON.