1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

more power?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by mudhopperZ71, Dec 7, 2009.

1. mudhopperZ71

mudhopperZ71 New Member

i have a stock 350 no internals are done just bolt ons. any ideas on getting more power?

2. Jsdrules

Jsdrules New Member

first we need to know what you have done. Is it a 4 bolt mane what kind of heads are on it if they are small stockers i would change them you can gain 25-50 horse power by changing to a newer style head like center bolt heads look for 64cc chamber heads they will cost around 250 bucks you can find them all day on craigs list this is if you dont already have them i dont know what year your 350 is so try posting a lil more info and i'll beable to be more helpfull

3. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

what kind of performance chip? for me, i like intake and exhaust mods for easy power for little money

4. Davelopn

Davelopn Member

There are endless possibilities of mods that you can put on your truck. Do you have a ball park of what you are willing to spend? Also is this something you plan on doing the work for?

A simple mod such as exhaust, throttle body spacer, air filter, chip, etc.
    More complex mods such as a turbo, supercharger, gear ratio change, PCM reprogram, etc.

Shoot us some more info and we can see what will fit best.

5. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

MUD HOPPER i got two words for ya. JUICE IT!!! little 50 shot of nos done right with fuel pres.safety and W.O.T micro switch its safe and will clean out some carbon to boot I know the feeling rockers deep in the mud starting to slow if there was someway to just get back on top of second gear before she drops into first then ya hit the switch and she climbs right back up you clear that hole the crowd goes wild DO IT DO IT DO IT

6. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

Little shot of NOS always helps, never want to over do it! Get exhaust & intake first

7. mudhopperZ71

mudhopperZ71 New Member

well i got an intake, throttle body spacer, true duals 3:73 gear ratio ,msd high output coil, 700r4 trans worked with shift kit

8. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

you could try a higher ratio rocker on the intakes.try installing one and check for coil bind headers are always good for a few and some shorty's will make good torque