Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

More questions... 1998 V1500 Suburban 5.7L

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Fine Burban, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Fine Burban

Fine Burban Member

1989 V1500 5.7L
    1) What is the differance between the SLE and the Classic? version?

2) After resetting my timing to 0° and replacing my Cap, Rotor, and Plugs using all AC Delco parts my Sub seems a bit down on power and needs more time to warm up before driving. When I do try and dive after a 30 second idle warm up and I put the Vehicle in "D"rive and apply throttle the truck dies almost like I am flooding it? I am thinking of advancing the timing up a few degrees since when it was running stronger it was WAY off from my timing mark on the engine block. I am just not sure if that is the proper fix or if the P.O. did that as a band aid fix. The old plugs were worn down to .65 and I gapped the new ones to .35

3) How do I go about getting the OBD 1 codes with out a code reader or do I need a reader in order pull codes?

4) LMC be the best place to get the window and door rubber / weather seal or is there a better source out there?

Thanks peeps!
  2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

1) not sure. Let me know when you find out. I too have an SLE 2) with what method did you adjust the timing? There's a brown wire on the passenger side that you have to mess with before timing. 3) use a paper clip. Insert the ends into the top right slot and in to the slot to the left of that one. Your light will begin flashing. Each code will flash 3 times.
  3. Fine Burban

Fine Burban Member

2) I did not mess with the mentioned brown wire so that could be why, Thanks for that. I will buy a cheap manual and do that tomorrow. Thanks for the trick with the paper clip. That will be done as well. Thanks BurbanMan!
  4. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

i try. I don't recall exactly what to do with said wire, but the manual should say