1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

More recalls for GM

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

This time it is for side impact airbags on some SUV's and crossovers. It covers 2008-13 Buick Enclave and the GMC Acadia, along with the 2009-13 Chevrolet Traverse and the 2008-2010 Saturn Outlook.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/money/GM-recalls-another-1-5-million-vehicles/25015650

I guess they are also recalling 300,000 Savanna vans to rework the instrument panel with different materials to protect people that hit it when not wearing a seat belt. I don't see how people not wearing a seat belt is GM's problem
  2. GeorgiaZ71

GeorgiaZ71 New Member

Oh sheesh. What the heck is going on with all these safety recalls? I already have had 2 on my 2014 Silverado fixed. 1) Switch for the power sliding rear window 2) The "big" safety recall with the exhaust manifold starting fires when idling or something like that.

I really hope this Cobalt (along with other models) doesn't do to GM what the ole Firestone fiasco did to Ford. But here in Georgia, the news is really starting to skewer GM...I just hope it doesn't sour the public's perception of GM.
  3. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts

Well GM really dropped the ball on the Cobalt recall and they are making sure that it wont happen again.. I dont think its a bad thing. Regardless of all the crash testing they do it just doesnt compare to real world scenarios IMO. So if they begin to get real world crash statistics immediately upon release of new model years, then its looked into a lot quicker before more people get hurt.. This doesnt mean that since there are more crashes at 80mph to limit the vehicles to 60mph though:lol:
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I'm going to move this thread to the correct place. Maybe split it into a new topic for each vehicle affected.
  5. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

6. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Member

What? How can they stop selling a while vehicle/engine combo without doing a recall. That's the #1 engine for that vehicle.
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

here is the most recent info on all of the recalls. Pretty long list. The cruze issue was a bad axle shaft. it also looks like the fire on that brand new yukon xl on a test drive in California was because of a leaking trans line.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...maing-grid7|maing10|dl7|sec3_lnk4&pLid=458929