1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Morning coffee, on GMCT

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Dirty Dog, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

Good morning every one,,,,
    Each day I awake , let Mystic out, which is a total act of the dog controlling her master as she has her own door in the shop and can come and go at her leisure.... then I boil the water and make my special brew of coffee, very strong and black, sit down at the desk and open up this forum to catch up with last nights going ons..... I read all the new posts and some threads i like to follow...

well i have just noticed on the right hand side of some posts(my posts) there are these random advertisement and links to follow.... now not being one of those clickers that clicks every link i see i never really paid to much mind to these adds, and i am sure i never clicked any thing that would allow these adds,,, but lately i have noticed A lot of Ram truck adds beside my posts. Now this has me extremely puzzled....Especially the one that asks me if i want to ask a Dodge Mechanic/technician a question...

now sitting here this morning staring at a red dodge ram truck picture Add beside one of my posts i start to think.... isn't that dodge mechanic a little busy dealing with dodge folks and their problems, to deal with my questions... cause i really only have one for him... That would be, Why are you advertising on a GM/Chevy forum? and Why on my Posts? since i would be the most unlikely person to buy a dodge of any type never mind a Ram truck...

Now I like to make funnies at Dodge trucks and there owners, only cause i know a few and they are fun to get all worked up... and i know they sign on as guests here to keep intone with what the real truck(GM) people are chatting about. They can't sign up to the site as members or they might lose their good standing reputation on the dodge forum, and I of course would never let them live That down( sinkers).....

So I am wondering are these adds randomly placed? why do some posts have adds and some not? can these dodge folks that lurk in the GM forums see the dodge adds? and are they snickering at me cause i am advertising in my posts the ram product? is it a conspiracy to get me to buy a dodge? should i wear my tinfoil hat ...nope can't dawn the tin foil hat, as there is a shortage of tinfoil here and if i wear my hat some ram truck will have to go with out a front fender.....

thats all for today folks
    Have a great day:glasses:
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

You're too funny! Actually, Steve would be able to answer your question(s) but I will comment on my experience with the ads. To be honest with you, I have never noticed the Dodge ad nor can I remember who any other advertisers are. I think at this point my brain just does not see those ads at all. I know they are there but fortunately my eyes just skip right over them. However, I will say that when they first started appearing in the posts quite sometime ago, they were distracting but I understand they are necessary to keep us up and running.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Those ads are randomly generated by Google and they help fund the website, as you probbly already suspect the subject of the ad has paid to have their ads hit websites, they normally try to advertise according to subject i.e looking at trucks you get new truck advertisements, if you start a post about trailer hitch's you'll see ads about hitch's or trailers. Just another way to reach the consumer.
  4. Dirty Dog

Lmao here,,, as you posted above,,,, i just figured it out,,, ohhh my.. now what to do ... such a dilemma.... if i don't want to see Ram 1500 pics on my posts I must stop picking on my dodge friends,, and I can't see that happening so I guess i must live with the pics and adds.... oh well I wonder how many adds for dodge I will get from this post....lmao....
    Thanx again have a great day
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The ads are unique for each and every person on GMTC. Google goes through the content on the page and tries to figure out what it's all about - by itself (as a page/post/thread) and also how it fits into the whole website that is gmtruckclub.com - and other things that it knows about you, the types of sites you been to, etc.

SO, the fact that it's showing RAM truck advertisments either means that you have been looking at a lot of material on the web related to RAM trucks, or Dodge is targeting this website with ads for RAM in an attempt to draw people towards that product knowing that there will be die-hards that never will think about a RAM, but also a lot of casual drive-bys that would consider anything.

NOW, if you find an ad that you want to look at more, by all means click away. :) Just don't clickity-click and leave that site in less than a few seconds, and don't do it a bunch of stuff ... unless that's something you would normally do.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Hmmm I see on Steves post they have a new Camaro, I know I wasnt looking for a new car so they must be trying to tell Steve something!
    And from what it looks like Steve your shiny 2012 Camaro is waiting at Moritz Chevrolet, it'll be the bright red one and you can have it for a price starting at $22,998.
  7. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Mazda 3 ad for me. never even thought about them while looking at por.....GMTC ;)
  8. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah, you should probably stop mentioning the name of the company which you are attempting to discourage patronage of. Otherwise, the mere mention of said company will show up in the ad. Now, that I've avoided the ones I don't want...

Bugatti
    Audi R8
    Free Chevy Truck

There, now let's see what happens to my ads.
  9. Dirty Dog

Its all good,, I can't stop picking on the dodge trucks...or their owners....lmao...I really do it in fun... never try to be hurtful or mean.. just have some fun with them.... Last night on the way home from a play off game in another city, the quickest way home was right through the centre of my city...The main drag... it was rather late maybe 11pm and this street is were you would find all the trucks and cars cursing .... I did a quick count in my head, of Fords Dodge's and GM ratio... And it is a close call to say the least... and all that were out last night were all great looking trucks, so i have a lot of respect for folks that take care of their rides no matter what the Make is.... I will say this though I had the dirty dog in Economy mode on the edge programmer as i came right off the highway into the city,, and it still kicked arse, at every light... now it weighs more then most of the trucks out there and still holds its own
    Or better yet Top kicked them all... but i pick up the attention of the boys in the bright white sports car with blue stripes and red lights,,, so i did what any good country boy would do .... I got out of dodge <------- lmao
    Have a great weekend........
  10. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

hehe...that's cool. Since the title of the thread is GMCT Is this now GM Country Trucks? Just messin' with ya of course.