Morningtime sputters

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by mvoss2576, Aug 9, 2010.

Newest Photos

1. mvoss2576

mvoss2576 New Member

Every morning, after my truck has sat for several hours... it sputters on startup. The rest of the day its fine.
    I've run injector cleaner through it, and on a bottle of HEET now...

Any ideas?
  2. MightyMax

MightyMax New Member 100 Posts

IAC maybe??
  3. engineerbrian

engineerbrian New Member

hey guys i just wanted to get this back on the top of the list since it really wasnt answered. Mainly because i'm really curious as to what caused the problem for mvoss since i had the same exact issue when my truck was brand new. I took it back to the dealer several times under warranty and they said they couldnt figure it out! the problem went away, but i've always wondered what it was.

mvoss, any update?

Brian
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sounds like a leaky injector, leaks down after setting and floods that cylinder. May be a few injecters. Try putting a pressure gauge on and see if the gauge goes down after shutting off engine. If it does its most likely a dribbling injector.
  5. mvoss2576

mvoss2576 New Member

Brian - no update on what is causing this yet on my end.. some mornings are worse than others.
    What is an IAC? And where would I put a pressure gauge on?
    Truck has just over 100k on it, and just started in the last 3k miles or so... also about the time the weather really started heating up.
  6. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The IAC is the Idle Air Control valve. It is on the throttle body and can get a chunk of carbon in it, and or else just a sluggish servo.
    As to the leaking injector. There should be a port that you install a Fuel Pressure guage up on the intake. But with the high temps i would for sure check the fuel pressure!