Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Most/Least Tickets Vehicles!

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by JMoney02, Feb 6, 2009.

?

So How Fast or Slow Do You Drive?

1. I drive the Speed Limit!

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. I Drive the Speed Limit/ Little Faster!

52 vote(s)
    62.7%
  3. I Never Speed due to Gas Prices!

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. I Drive like a Loon!

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. I like to Open Her up at times then Shutdown to Limit!

23 vote(s)
    27.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Just read a report that us Chevy/GMC owners are or should be proud or upset about this. The Number 1 ticketed TRUCK is the HUMMER H2, because of its size and the bold statment it makes. The NUMBER 2 least ticketed TRUCK is the SUBURBAN, the NUMBER 10 least ticketed TRUCK is the GMC SIERRA.
    The Top Ten ticketed only had one American made vehicle as listed above, all the rest are imports like the SCION XA,XB,TC. Eight of the ten in the least ticketed are American made. So what does this tell us? Hell, I don't know, but the Suburban and the Sierra listings are cool, eh?????:great:

Jeff

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  2. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Many times it is a driver / vehicle combonation that dictates how fast they go. For instance if I see a new BMW in my side view mirrior in slight traffic I have 20:1 0dds that says he'll be on my rear bumper in 5 seconds. I have 50:1 odds that says he's gonna get mad when I hit with the windo washer spray and waste his detail job.

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It might just be me but from experience driving my service truck every day I've noticed the more expensive the vehicle the better the odds it'll be speeding, and if were in heavy traffic the odds are even greater that same driver will try to cut off my bigger truck with less than 10' in front of me and 10 car lengths behind me.
    I have a theory that people dont care how much danger they put themselves in they refuse to be behind a big truck no matter how fast or slow traffic is moving and the fact that the trucks speed is pretty much regulated by the traffic flow.
    I know it aint right but when I see expensive vehicles starting to cut me off without thinking about it I start steering into them, and I have a real bad habit of riding behind them blowing my horn for the next 5 minutes, expecially when their on their cell phones.

4. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I don't get tickets.

Just court summons. :glasses: Seriously though, its not good. I don't like going to court.

5. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Got pulled over by the cops only once, and that was because "my window wasn't scraped off good enough"... Have yet to get a ticket though.

6. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

Here is the list I think you read.

10 Most Ticketed Cars
    Hummer H2

People who love the Hummer H2 probably love its bold, imposing looks. Apparently, cops love the H2 because it helps them meet their ticket quotas. Here's a tip: If you have an H2, maybe you shouldn't drive it near then end of the month when traffic cops are scrambling to make their numbers.

2. Scion tC

Seeing the tC on the most-ticketed list makes sense, given its popularity with young people. Its sporty performance, which comes at a price that makes affording tickets easy, probably helps tempt some drivers as well.

3. Scion xB

Like the Scion tC, the xB is aimed at younger drivers. Still, when you look at the xB's less-than-stellar performance, it's safe to assume that all the tickets xB drivers are getting aren't moving violations.

4. Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG

If you're lucky enough to have a Mercedes AMG -- any AMG -- then a few tickets are worth unleashing this luxurious beast. Besides, if you've got a Mercedes, you can probably afford a few traffic citations.

5. Toyota Solara Coupe

Now, here's a surprise. The fifth most ticketed car is the Toyota Solara Coupe. Essentially a two-door Camry, the Solara isn't known for road-thrashing performance. Maybe Solara drivers just get a lot of parking tickets.

6. Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG

The CLS63 AMG is another luxury performance car, so it's no shocker to see its drivers among the most ticketed. The question is: With all that power, why aren't more CLS63 AMG drivers outrunning the cops?

7. Scion xA

With the xA taking the seventh spot on the ten most ticketed cars list, Scion completes the traffic-ticket hat trick. Toyota's upstart little brand has only come out with four models over its entire lifespan -- and three of them will likely get you a date in traffic court.

8. Subaru Outback

Subarus have a reputation of being yuppie grocery getters, but the Outback manages to prove that stereotype wrong by being one of the top ten most ticketed cars. Apparently, the Outback is the car of choice for people who need to get to Whole Foods in a hurry, and maybe park illegally once they're there.

9. Audi A4

Audi often finds itself in the shadows of Mercedes and BMW, but not when it comes to getting tickets. The Audi A4 is the ninth most ticketed car in America.

10. Toyota Matrix

The Toyota Matrix is often credited for bringing SUV styling to small cars. Now it can also be credited to bringing insurance rate increases to thousands of its owners.

10 Least Ticketed Cars
    1. Jaguar XJ

The Jaguar XJ gives drivers a smooth ride and an opulent interior. As the least- ticketed car in America, it also seems to provide the ability to fly under radar guns. There's a feature they won't tell you about at the dealership.

2. Chevrolet Suburban

Suburban drivers tend to need their large SUVs for hauling people or towing trailers, not breaking land speed records. So it's not surprising to see it on the list of least-ticketed cars.

3. Chevrolet Tahoe

The Tahoe shares some architecture with the Hummer H2, the most-ticketed car in America. Despite the two having similar sizes, the Tahoe manages not to attract as much police attention.

4. Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and 3500

It's no shocker to find Chevrolet's heavy-duty trucks among the least-ticketed vehicles. These trucks are usually bought for their towing ability, not for impromptu drag races.

5. Buick Park Avenue

While Buick has recently begun to increase the oomph in their cars, the now- discontinued Park Avenue helped solidify the brand's image as cars for the senior set. No wonder Park Avenue drivers tend not to get very many tickets.

6. Mazda6

The largest car in Mazda's line up, the Mazda6 has plenty of the brand's zoom-zoom, yet still manages to be among the least-ticketed cars. If you love driving sporty sedans but can't take seeing any more red and blue lights in your rearview mirror, the Mazda6 may be just the car for you.

7. Buick Rainier

The now-discontinued Buick Rainier is a largely forgettable attempt at a near- luxury SUV. Maybe that forgettable nature keeps cops from noticing when one commits a traffic offense.

8. Oldsmobile Silhouette

Finding a minivan from Oldsmobile on the list of least-ticketed cars isn't surprising. What's surprising is that anyone is still driving a Silhouette.

9. Buick Lucerne

The Buick Lucerne offers a near-luxury experience at an affordable large car price. Being one of the least-ticketed cars means that the Lucerne's affordability continues after it's bought, thanks to fewer fines and lower insurance rates.

10. GMC Sierra 1500

The GMC Sierra is an attractive truck for work or play. With its ability to haul or tow heavy loads, this truck will do anything you ask it to, including avoiding traffic citations.

7. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

tbplus10, I have enormous amount of respect for you and your partners, because you carry all the weight the will if I am stupid will crush the living Sh.. out of me if we are in a accident. I also have been carried through several states by the Over-the-Road drives to get me to my destination quicker and safer. Please just do not have the respect or consideration for truck drivers and at what mercy they are at when drives don't care. So my hat is off to you guys..... Yes, this was the list, but didn't what to fill the page with all the NON CHEVY/GMC owners rankings, but I guess others will appreciate the list....Thanks.

Jeff

8. leester79

leester79 New Member

I got most of my tickets in a 84 blazer with a 2.8.....weak....

9. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Muahahahaa!! Nice...

10. lbuajlw

lbuajlw New Member

I have avoided a few

Interesting; I would have sworn I was about to get busted a few times after blowing through radar about 15 over and I'm always amazed that I'm not stopped. I'm not pushing my luck and most of the time I cruise about 7 - 9 over.