Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

motor id

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by ryr28fan, Nov 12, 2007.

1. ryr28fan

ryr28fan New Member

I am looking at putting a Banks kit on my 2007 2500 with the duramax.How can i tell what motor i have in the truck.Also will this void any warranty i have on my truck

2. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

thats a real grey area any serious engine upgrades or mods the dealership kinda looks down apon .. I do know for a fact that the dealership sometimes will not work on any engines that have mods done when a warranty is in play ..

maybe someone else may be able to chime in with some info :)

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Is your 2007 a Classic body style, or new body style? Mine is a 2006 with the LBZ and the Classic 2007's should be the same and then they went to the LMM for the new body style. I am looking at upgrading my exhaust as well but only going with a 4" cat-back exhaust.
    Once my warranty is up I may go for a turbo-back or even a 5" exhaust depending how much I plan to upgrade my diesel.
    For now it will just be 4" cat-back exhaust, a cold air intake, and a mild programmer that I can reset to factory settings in-case of needed warranty work.
    Too extreme of mods will cause codes to be thrown and then it becomes your problem instead of a warranty issue.

4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

As far as the warranty is concerned, Federal Law protects the consumers right to add aftermarket parts. Gale Banks has a policy of educating dealerships who toss the "warranty voided due to customer mods."

Here is a Gale Banks quote from dieselstop.com

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  5. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Check your RPO code list, it should have the engine code there.

6. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Should be the 8 digit in the vin to identify the engine code. Checkout decodethis for a free vin decoder.