1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Motor not running in Burb

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Big budd, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Big budd

Big budd New Member

Hi I have a 1972 Chevy 4wd 1/2 ton witha 2001 ZZ4 motor, and a !990 GMC 4WD, that I put a 454 in. I have issues wit both. I have never attained the power that I expected with theZZ4 and I have a Holly Avenger carb and 373 gears and 31 inch tires, and headman headers with dual 2 1/2 exhaust. second
    problem, I just replaced the fan motor in my Suburban, it was hit and miss prior to the replacement. My GMC has 227,000 miles so I didn't do any trouble shooting as it was the original and I have replaced the rear air motor. results motor doesn't run, I have not had a bunch of time to trouble shoot but I looked up under at the fuse box and found the purple wire plugged in but I could not see a fuse for it. I have not dissasembled the lower air supply unit or the sheet metal so it is rather hard to get great vision as it is at the top of the fuse box. I read someone else's blog and I have looked at the relay close to the fan motor and wondered if it was possibly the problem. Any help would be appreciated as everyone where I live charges $100 an hour and just smiles. Big Budd
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

I moved your thread to the correct section of our Forum and changed your title to more match your topic. This should help in getting you more responses/opinions. Unfortunately, I do not have any answers or suggestions for you, thus this is about as much help as I can provide to you at this point. Good luck!