Mountain Biking?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by Cheez, Nov 17, 2010.

1. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Cheez-
    Wow nice bike!!
    No half measure there!
    My only change is I finally got over that horrendous resp infection.It swept thru the school I subbed at-and I had to drag myself to work despite being unable to talk much.
    Wife got it also-

I'm down to two bikes now-
    An older Trek 950-lugged and the Jamis Dragon framed bike(which I have to work on because a Titanium spoke broke on the rear wheel). The PO of the wheels was a weight weenie-gotta take the cassette off and see if I have a replacement spoke.Don't think I've ever had a stainless steel spoke break.
    Charlie

2. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

Ahh a broken spoke is probably one of the most inconvenient fixes to take care of... Hope its not too much trouble for you. On a side not my gf just got her new bike in and I decided to snap a few shots.
    [​IMG]

3. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hey nice bike.
    It looks like it has a cassette or freewheel with a big last cog to make hill climbing easier.
    I love that setup-like a reverse overdrive for tired legs(my tired 60 yo legs).

Very sweet looking bike-black is a great color for bikes!
    Charlie

4. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

Oh yeah she loves it! It's a womens bike with out the ridiculous dropped down tube. I rode it a few minutes and it seems pretty stout, I'm just not used to the different geometry...