1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

mounting 2 inch hitch to stock step bumper

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bronx boy, Nov 29, 2010.

1. bronx boy

bronx boy New Member

picked up hitch from ebay that mounts to step bumper class 3 hitch .what size/grade bolts should i use
  2. 04-silverado

04-silverado New Member

Several months ago I bought a used '04 Silverado w/stock bumper, shortly thereafter I bought and mounted (no drilling required) a 2" receiver hitch.

All hardware was supplied with the hitch... and BOLTS for the already tapped-holes in the bumper and frame went right in with no problem. Here's the instruction sheet, for the hitch which I purchased:

http://www.draw-tite.net/pdf/N51069.pdf

Take a look at the PDF file to which I linked above.
    If these are the BOLTS of which you speak, it indicates that those bolts are: M14 X 2.00 X 40mm and that they should be tightened (with a torque wrench) to 115 Ft. Lbs. (156 N*M)

hth
    1 person likes this.