1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mounting lights on the front bumper

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mikester, Nov 6, 2012.

1. mikester

mikester New Member

Has anyone here done this to their truck ? Im talking about round lights like Hella mounted in front of the grill without a pushbar.
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

I've seen it done. Looks ok, but stinks because you then have holes in you bumper. Plus depending on what generation truck you have they can be in the way of grill removal. I have my lights on my 96 mounted under the bumper on brackets with holes cut through the splitter next to each tow hook.
    2012-04-02_21-24-48_129.jpg

Yah I know the truck has no grill, but its the best picture I have.
    2012-05-13_09-16-04_392b.JPG
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I am sure that you could fab some brackets so you don't have to drill holes.
  4. Conlan Rose

Below is pretty much what is on my truck but much beefier and with larger holes. Just look at builders hardware on Homedepot's site they have stuff you can use.
    0b03d2ec-edb3-4fae-816b-2be4000eb86a_300.jpg
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Search through 4WPW's web site they used to have a no drill bumper brackets for lights.
  6. mikester

mikester New Member

Thanks for the input guys but to make matters more complicated the truck is a 2011 GMC. I wouldnt have a problem drilling a hole in the older style bumper but as you folks know the new trucks have a different setup.
  7. Conlan Rose

You might want to just get a really basic guard or fab up some sheet metal that goes between the plastic components of the bumper. and allows you to mount the lights.
    2011-gmc-sierra-denali-hd-grillb.JPG
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

How about the CARR Light wing??? DSCF9434.jpg DSCF9436.jpg