GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Mouse attact!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Thundare, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Thundare

Thundare New Member

Ok so in my 1996 tahoe there is a mice infestation and its gettin really annoying. The smell is somewhere in the car and its really startin to make me sick, i found one location and cleaned it but there is somewhere else in the front. When i turn on the air it does not smell very much like mouse (very lil bit) So i wanna know where is there other hiding spots in the truck they could hide. I found the on where the jack is and wow nest, urine and all... Anyone know where i can find the pests? thx
  2. ct9a

ct9a New Member

Look under the seats. They may have tunneled into the cushioning from below.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

I need to kill this thread in case my wife ever reads it! lol.

Just killed a medium sized rat in the attic, hope to keep them gone from now on.

Those little things can get through a pretty small hole, so no telling where they are. Get a cat and put him in there? :neutral:
  4. Thundare

Thundare New Member

Nope, is there any vents in the ceiling cuz the smell is not in the floor its up around my head...
  5. ct9a

ct9a New Member

If it has rear HVAC like the 'burb, than yes.
  6. Thundare

Thundare New Member

nah, this is really gettin anoying, Damn car mice..
  7. ct9a

ct9a New Member

Have you tried setting some traps out over night?
  8. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 New Member

When I pulled apart my 08 silverado to install my lights i found a bunch of good spots behind the dash that a mouse could make a nest though i hope it never does... might want to get under the dash on both the driver and passenger side with a good yet small flashlight just to be sure.... also... on my 1996 dodge ram... i found a nest under the hood right in between the metal part of the hood and the foam/cardboard heatshield... if your truck has this heat shield maybe check there...
  9. MTPockets

MTPockets New Member

Burn it! :lol:

It might be hard to get rid of them. If they can fit their head through a hold or space, they can fit their body through it.
  10. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 New Member

just a thought but you could always fill your engine bay and inside of your dash with that expanding foam stuff..lol though that might smell worse if you turn your heaters on in the winter... (reflecting on an episode of Top Gear when they made their second attempt at making an amphibious car)
  11. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

There is still enough room in the headliner for the to easily borrow in there all the have to do is make there way up the A piller.