1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

moving! know of any good jobs in WA?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 383man, Jul 22, 2008.

1. 383man

383man New Member

so i'm moving to washington state soon, in september to be exact. can't friggin wait! that is unless i get a job offer i can't refuse somewhere else. my enlistment in the navy is over in sep so i should be there end of sep/early oct. if anybody knows of any good jobs opening up, gas turbine, electricians, power plants, etc... let me know
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Getting shorter by the day! Yes, I remember it well. Good luck with the job hunting. Don't know of any jobs in Wa., but had to chip in and wish you luck!
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I grew up in Wa state, but have been gone since 1999, I'll keep my ears open though.

Good luck on your move, are you headed to the wet side or the dry side?
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts

Born and raised here in Washington State myself. Great place to be (have not lived anywhere else though). Let us now what part of the state you are planning on moving to. Boeing sounds like a place to work with your qualifications.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  5. 383man

383man New Member

well i want to move to either the bellingham area, that's were my mom and stepdad live, or spokane, thats closer to my hometown in idaho where my brother lives, but i'll go where the money is for sure lol.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2008
  6. Roderick

Roderick New Member

7. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

I actually work for MN Power (northern Minnesotas power provider)and i know if WA power plants are anything like here in MN they are always looking for people in those types of fields...
    And i remeber the countdown as well.. Gets a little long once your down to the 30 day mark!!...
    Good luck with the job search....
  8. 383man

383man New Member

thanks man, i should have updated this posting lol. I got a job last year at a power plant in chehalis, great job, love it. i don't see myself leaving any time soon.
  9. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Oops i didnt see that posted date.. Just wasnt paying attention. I guess at 3am i tend to be a little "off".... HAHA glad you found a good job.
  10. 383man

383man New Member

lol, no worries, i've been there and done that, it's definately good to be gainfully employed, tough times right now