1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Updates Moving Stuff Around

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Mar 8, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Just be patient, we're moving stuff around. We've got a good team here and we're going to double our efforts to make some improvements to the system, features, speed and content over the next few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Just added a new live stream option ... seeing how it works. Check it out on the menu ((!)).
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I like the new layout except for two things:

1. SUVs and Crossovers need separate sub forums because it will confuse some people or push them away from that section.

2. Coffee shop is a very popular forum area and it will lose traffic being much farther down the page even tho it is now in a more appropriate spot because it is an off topic forum.

Other than that it looks great and should help users find the right place to post :smile:
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Where is the menu to find the live stream?
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It is automatically there. It auto updates more recently updated threads. Or at least for me it is....
  5. ChevyFan

Live stream didn't work. It was a dangit! (see Tobuscus to get that reference from YouTube)
  6. ChevyFan

No one ever went into the crossovers area, but I'm going to pull everything to a sub-category that you can see from the main menu anyhow so it might work either way.
  7. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

Would be nice to have the marketplace section higher on the forum list because is the second to last section so. If it were higher up I think it would have more visibility and get more traffic. More traffic means better results for members who are selling or looking.
  8. ChevyFan

I think there are some ways to get more people into the marketplace ... plus we are looking into a couple of ways to have a stand-alone marketplace that is more of a craigslist/eBay type of marketplace ... more of a typical classifieds listing type of system instead of a thread with content inside of it.

- - - Updated - - -

just FYI, our crew is in the middle of moving more stuff around right now as well. :) It will all be done in a short while.
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Moving chat back into operation, I hope?
  10. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Things have been a little weird today. I am on the same computer as always. Half the time I try and post it don't show up (for me to see) I have to log out and come back in and it is there and if I tried multiple I turns in to a double post as an update. Also one of the times I had a window open with web codes. Like exactly what I see when my wife builds web pages. Something might want to be looked into. I will try and repeat it and snap a pic with my phone. [MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION]