1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Moving to British Columbia

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by GMCErica, Jul 26, 2011.

1. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Hey! to everyone

So, I am on the move from Toronto, ON to Fort St. John BC, (right on the Alaska Highway: way the hell out there) can't wait!! is their any members on this forum that live in British Columbia? It would be cool to connect with ya.
  2. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts

That is a long way from home. Is it closer or farther to your roots.
  3. Grizzly Guy

Grizzly Guy New Member

that is a hell of a road trip,but a very scenic one though.have a safe trip Erica.
  4. Falcone

Falcone New Member

boo another GM leaving toronto haha, where about in TO are you from?
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

not anymore! I grew up in Washington state and my grandmother was born and reared in BC (Victoria mostly) and we used to get into BC all the time ... but not that far north.

Funny, my brother is up in Alaska now actually.
  6. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Hey everyone
    I am moving from Whitby, i got a job out there in Fort St. John, and i can't pass up the opportunity. I have to drive my Envoy, cause Air Canada won't let me take my cats, as they have a summer ban on the airplane for pets until September, so the cats and I are headed to Fort St. John by car. I can't wait, I am going to go through Canada, instead of going through the states. My roots are in Ontario, but my heart always pulls me to going out west. I have been out west a few times, and I don't think that I will come back.
    I will still be on the site, but I hope that there are some members out in BC, that I could talk and meet up with..There is a Timmies in the town!! yea.. I cant wait for the snow, to get a snowmobile, and you better believe I am going to supe-it up! lol Need to be over 500hp..and maybe turbo or super charged. every girl needs a supercharged toy..haha
  7. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts

At the risk of sounding like a moron.....okay so sounding like a moron is a given. What the hell is a Timmies?
  8. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

I suppose that since you're not Canadian, we can forgive you for that question :lol:

Timmies = Tim Hortons. I'm not sure if you're familiar with it, but it is a lot like Dunkin Donuts. They tried to open a few in the states but I don't think any of them caught. Personally, I prefer starbucks anyway.

-- side note.... Tim Hortons never caught in the states, but was sold a few years back and is now an american-owned company
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011