Moving

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Ridinonacloud, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Ridinonacloud

Ridinonacloud Rockstar

Wasn't sure where to put this so I took a stab at it!

Since I've been on here I've done nothing but complain about the cold weather in Maine right? Well, that will change because I just got a new job and will be moving to Phoenix in November. I leave for training down in Georgia next month then from Georgia to Arizona! I'm psyched, who wants to help me move? haha:great:

2. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Good for you. I am also sick of the weather here in MI, AZ sounds great to me.

3. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Can I have your pots and pans cause you'll be able to cook on your driveway.:lol:

I'd love to leave New England but the wife is too close to her family.

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Congrat's on the move, I think! May be from one extreme to the other, but I could take Az better than the cold in Maine!

5. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'd rather die than move to AZ, but I hate the heat. Both my best friend and my cousin both moved to Phoenix (not together), and the summers just suck from what I hear. You could literally cook an egg on the sidewalk. I always thought that was just a saying, but apparently in the desert it's true. My ideal living locale is Alaska, now that's some good weather.

Congrats on the new job.

6. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i lovethe cold too, but i love turkey hunting better!

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Congrats on the move, when are you heading out? You driving down?

8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Congrats and good luck on the move, I'm a transplanted Brit. so I don't think I could take the heat:lol:
    I think I need to move to Washington state, that's more like British weather!!

9. Ridinonacloud

Ridinonacloud Rockstar

I move to Georgia for the next 6 months starting mid april. Then come November I move on to the Phoenix area (not exactly sure where I want to move to yet but the job will be in Phoenix).

I will be driving the whole trip so it's going to be one hell of a road trip!!

Thanks everyone for the support and if you know any good places to go in the area let me know.

10. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Perfect timing - you'll miss the total heat of summer and be able to ease into it come spring/summer!

And I would SO help you move, but... you know.. my back and all.. I just don't think I could handle it if I tried..

:glasses: