1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Moving

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Ridinonacloud, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Ridinonacloud

Ridinonacloud Rockstar

Wasn't sure where to put this so I took a stab at it!

Since I've been on here I've done nothing but complain about the cold weather in Maine right? Well, that will change because I just got a new job and will be moving to Phoenix in November. I leave for training down in Georgia next month then from Georgia to Arizona! I'm psyched, who wants to help me move? haha:great:

2. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Good for you. I am also sick of the weather here in MI, AZ sounds great to me.

3. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Can I have your pots and pans cause you'll be able to cook on your driveway.:lol:

I'd love to leave New England but the wife is too close to her family.

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Congrat's on the move, I think! May be from one extreme to the other, but I could take Az better than the cold in Maine!

5. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'd rather die than move to AZ, but I hate the heat. Both my best friend and my cousin both moved to Phoenix (not together), and the summers just suck from what I hear. You could literally cook an egg on the sidewalk. I always thought that was just a saying, but apparently in the desert it's true. My ideal living locale is Alaska, now that's some good weather.

Congrats on the new job.

6. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i lovethe cold too, but i love turkey hunting better!

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Congrats on the move, when are you heading out? You driving down?

8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Congrats and good luck on the move, I'm a transplanted Brit. so I don't think I could take the heat:lol:
    I think I need to move to Washington state, that's more like British weather!!

9. Ridinonacloud

Ridinonacloud Rockstar

I move to Georgia for the next 6 months starting mid april. Then come November I move on to the Phoenix area (not exactly sure where I want to move to yet but the job will be in Phoenix).

I will be driving the whole trip so it's going to be one hell of a road trip!!

Thanks everyone for the support and if you know any good places to go in the area let me know.

10. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Perfect timing - you'll miss the total heat of summer and be able to ease into it come spring/summer!

And I would SO help you move, but... you know.. my back and all.. I just don't think I could handle it if I tried..

:glasses: