1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Mp3 player got stuck in cig lighter adapter. Removed with pliers. Blew fuse?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Bowtied, Jan 19, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

That would have been my first answer :)

I did find this on google though: (The google search said 2004 silverado 1500) but do not quote me on that since I am not familiar with the electrical on that year. It looks allot like the one in my 2000 which it should to a certain degree.

[​IMG]

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

If the selector for the head lights doesn't work replace it they have them at autozone usually. Also do the check all fuses, like all the fuses,(ones in side the cab and under the hood) if your really having that many electrical problems and buy the right size fuses and replace any that just kinda look bad.

Head light selector.
    http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...WD/_/N-jly9zZ9ciaj?itemIdentifier=201529_0_0_

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  3. Bowtied

Bowtied Rockstar 100 Posts

Hello all, thanks for the replies even though I am super late to getting around to updating this thread.

I ride a bike all summer/fall/spring and switch to the truck in the winter.

I finally got around to replacing that (unblown slightly discolored at the prongs) fuse and now my right cig lighter is working the left one (originally held the broken mp3 player i removed with pliers like a dumbass while the acc. electronics were still on and saw sparks) is still broke. Did touching it with those pliers FUBAR it? The fuse is definitely replaced and the right one definitely works.

4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It might of messed it up. I'm sure you can get a replacement for cheap on amazon. If no other system is broken then maybe the socket is just dead or the wire are damaged.