Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

MP3 player to stock radio

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by mehoff400, Oct 27, 2010.

1. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

my 04 silverado i'm looking to be able to hook my mp3 player to stock radio i have a cd/aux button pressing it only turns it to cd no aux hooked up i'm not looking to do the FM transmitter do i have any other options out there

i found this but not exactly sure what it is or does
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PAC - A...ecks/9035607.p?id=1218010847298&skuId=9035607

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  2. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Your link didn't take me to anything specific so you may want to check on that link or post the actual product information/SKU so we can look it up. I've got to say, though... I DO like that truck of yours.

3. mehoff400

sorry linked work for me but SKU number is 9035607 for best buy
    and thanks!!

4. bwhitt86

bwhitt86 Rockstar

That piece is is not the right part. Its just a cable to adapt to the peripheral ipod adapter. You can do it to ways if you wanna stick with your stock radio. You can do a wired transmitter (sku#9252122, which includes basic install but you will need ant. adapters so total price around 170 bucks) which will be a direct line to your radio through the ant. port so its pretty decent sound quality. You still need to tune to a stations but like I was sayin its a direct connection. Or you can get the peripheral ipod adapter for gms (sku# 1175181, $180 with install) which gives you a connection for your ipod plus an auxiliary. The sound quality is really good. Also if you have an ipod it will display everything from your ipod plus you get some controllability from the deck so it works just like your ipod in most cases plus charges it also. You can have both the aux and ipod connector hooked up. You can probably find it cheaper somewhere else if you want to put it in yourself. The ipod interface is really easy to put in if your familiar with car audio stuff. Just unplug the deck then plug it in to the adapter and run the cable. The wired fm modulator is fairly easy too you just need to plug it in to the antenna port and wire a ground and power. The best way to do it is too just replace the deck completely. The harness is a little pricey at around a 100 bucks because your chime goes through the speaker and it has a data wire so no accessory wire and the harness fixes that. Plus a kit and ant. adapter. All around 150 total for parts. Decks with usb and aux. run about 130 and up. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

5. mehoff400

6. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

7. mehoff400

i believe 4 speaker set up no bose no on star

8. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

yea that adapter should work with your setup

9. Sam_A

Sam_A Rockstar 100 Posts