1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

MPG information unit

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by blackbenz300e, Jan 2, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. blackbenz300e

blackbenz300e New Member

Hey everyone, i have 1997 Suburban and was wondering if anyone knew if there is any way of installing a unit that will tell me my mpg's like the newer trucks do? I want it it to look like its stock if that's even possible. thanks
  2. blackbenz300e

blackbenz300e New Member

Ya, i was pretty sure it was a long shot but i just like the idea of always knowing rather than having to calculate at the pump. I actually have done a few things to the engine and drive very efficiently and have calculated mpg's counltess times. I actually get around 20 on the highway and usually average around the mid 17's. the best i have ever gotten was a 200 mile road trip south on I-95 to Miami with a tailwind and i got 22.7. Your figures sound a bit low, because suburban just hit 243,000 miles.