1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

MPG on new body style leveled GMC or Chevy's

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by undertheradar, Nov 9, 2011.

1. undertheradar

undertheradar New Member

Another Update : I increased the tire pressure to 70 psi. I use 87 Octane and filled up at the same pump friday night, drove 157 miles (mainly highway) round trip back to the same pump and filled her up = 9.333 gallons.
    157 / 9.333 = 16.822 MPG.
    This is NOT taking into consideration that my odometer is off 1/2 tenth per "measured" mile. So for every 10 miles registered on the odometer, I have actually traveled 10.5 miles. So ACTUAL MILES would equal 157 x .05 = 7.85. 157 + 7.85 = 164.85 / 9.333 = 17.66 MPG HIGHWAY.

Who believes air pressure doesnt make a difference???
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. undertheradar

undertheradar New Member

Another update:
    This has only happened 2x since 11-28-11. I wonder if ever so often I get "good" gas???
    I am still looking into a programmer or going to someone who has the program to input the correct tire size in the computer. The shift points are off a hair and I know its hurting my mileage. It "hangs" in 5th gear too long. I dont know ANYTHING about the programming.... I will need help
  3. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Get the Hypertech speedo cali. Well worth the money IMO.
  4. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel New Member

You might want to rethink your high psi strategy just to save on gas, you will be running the centers out of those tires wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy prematurely!!! Is having to replace expensive tires sooner, not only having to pay the price of the tires, but also installation, is it worth it?

Just my thinking.
  5. undertheradar

undertheradar New Member

The tires are rated for 80 psi...

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Looking at them as I type this. I have also come across a DiabloSport Predator for $288 http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/subpages/Diablosport_tuners.htm
    Which one is the better buy? The H/T is $229 and is only a code reader and speedo calibrator.
  6. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel New Member

For towing..................... Might want to research it a little. Probably shouldn't be more than 40 psi in those tires to wear correctly..... But I'm just saying, I can guarantee if you went to a tire shop they would tell you that you are going to wear the center of your tire out extremely prematurely.
  7. marko54

marko54 New Member

8. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

It's crazy seeing you guys are getting lower numbers. Even with my 33's and leveled, I was getting 21 on the highway and 17 average.
  9. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 New Member

why do people insist on putting in 80 psi all the time, come on now
  10. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel New Member

Agree! Might as well use stones for tires and take the suspension off!